Big News!

Merrill

I am so thrilled for you, Merrill! I knew a child was in your plans in some way. Adoption is a great route and I actually have a friend, and one of my high school teachers, who adopted from China. They have beautiful children who were well-adjusted.

I am so sorry that it's been such a long road. I hope you have symptom-free days ahead so you can prepare for your family's new addition!

Amy

Guest tearose

Merrill, Did you learn helpful things from the TV program? Do you go to China or work through an agency here? How exciting! When do you start the process? You are going to be a wonderful mother. I look forward to all your updates. With tears in my eyes I can say that being a mom changed me in ways I never thought possible! You really are "there" 24 hours a day, forever! Can't wait for more news! warmly, aunt tearose

Hi, Aunt T! Yes, we're working with a local agency (conveniently about 2 miles from home) that has a China program. They're fantastic, and take care of so many details. They are ON IT... really wonderful working w/them so far. And yes, we will be traveling there (and boy will I be posting a lot when we get close to leaving ... I already have panicky attacks just daydreaming of the 15 hour flight... there and then back again w/a squirmy baby! Benzos for Everyone!) (We also have to add a room to our house in the coming months. Can everyone say Oy with me?)

And am I allowed to say that the "being there 24 hours" thing has me a little worried? I've only had to take care of myself 24 hours a day for a long long long time -- and I can be a handful as it is! Just ask my husband!!! These days when I enjoy a few extra minutes of snooze time in the morning I think my days are numbered. It'll be hard, but I'm expecting/planning on it being also joyful. :)

Thanks for thinking of me,

m