Has Anyone Ever Tried An Anti-inflammatory Diet?

I recently ran into a lot of information regarding an anti-inflammatory diet for chronic illness. I'm wondering if anyone has ever tried it and if it helped symptoms? Curious to hear any ideas on this.

I guess I do in my own way :P . I avoid all sugar or anything the body perceives as sugar, white flour, white rice, etc. I've also realized that dairy is a trigger for me so I avoid that too. It definitely helps with pain.

What would an anti-inflammatory diet look like?

If it's a feasible diet to follow out in the boonies (I already had to give up vegetarianism) I'd be willing to try it.

I don't know completely what all the details to following an anti inflammtory diet are, but foods like Pink Salmon, Spinach, Almonds, Apples with the peeling on, spices such as tumeric, garlic, etc., are considered anti-inflammatory foods.

I think it is basically the diet advocated by Dr Andrew Weil (although not sure he coined the term).

junk foods, high-fat/red meats, sugar and fast foods will increase inflammation in your body and these would be avoided.

Good fats like cold water fish, walnuts and some other nuts, and olive oil as well as whole grains, green vegetables, whole fruits would be key.

I think most people would find they would feel better on such a diet!

I did the Rave Diet (www.ravediet.com) a few years ago at the suggestion of a cardiologist. Did it for 12 weeks. It was cleansing as well as to test me out for any food intolerance. I lost like 12 lbs (only to regain them once the diet was over)!! It was a challenge to figure out what I could actually eat since it's basically vegan with absolutely no white foods (sugar, white flour, potatoes, etc), cheese, egg or other dairy. After week 2 I got used to it and actually started craving veggies for the first time! I can't say that it helped my POTS symptoms though. And it made eating out VERY hard... there would be maybe 1 item on a menu I could eat if that.