How High Does Your Hr Go When Taking Your Beta Blocker?

summer

I was sure I remembered to take my meds this morning, but this afternoon my HR was 162. It usually doesn't go over 130 while I'm on my BB. Is this possible? I wondered if I had forgotten it even though I was sure I took it.

How high will your HR go when taking your BB?

Summer

I had the same thing happen on Monday. I took my bb but my hr and bp both went up pretty high. I realized that I took my morning bb with breakfast and it wasn't absorbed properly. I have to take mine on an empty stomache (no food 2 hrs prior or 1/2 hour after).

I was fine with the next dose.

I hope your problem ends up as easy to fix.

Thanks, Everybody. Hmmm... seems it can go pretty high even with the BB. It's unusual for me.

Angela, you asked about my activity at the time.... Just standing still for a few minutes. It is possible that I had not "pumped up the volume" enough though. I may have been slacking on the fluid intake. Usually, this would cause my BP to be lower, but the BB would keep my heart rate in check.

Thanks for your responses. Maybe it was just one of those weird things.... of maybe I did forget... could happen!! :blink:

Summer

Mine was still climbing up to the 180 range and that was on 150 mgs of beta. I've been told I am the anomaly for POTS though so might want to compare notes with others!! Hope you just forgot to take your meds! Take care.

Right now I am pregnant so everything is higher- sitting HR is about 90, standing can go anywhere from 100-130 (depending on activity). THis is WITH the BB.

Non-pregnant its more like 65-75 sitting and no more than 100 standing. I feel like it's well controlled, but since getting pregnant it's been wacky and I'm way more POTS-Y.