Palpitations And Fast Heart Rate At Night.

Machair

I wonder if anyone can identify with what happens to me when my POTS is bad.

I actually had quite a good day yesterday, and even had enough energy to clean the bathroom! I did though feel quite full of adrenaline, which usually accompanies these "good days"

Then as soon as I tried to sleep I could feel my heart racing, and I was agitated and felt strong palpitations. In many ways I think these episodes I get mirror those felt by Austin on the superb DINET DVD, who said hers occured during the night. I didn't sleep much and as a result feel rather shattered today. I did notice earlier in the week some low BP and low pulse pressure readings especially on standing and some giant pulse rises- so guess it's a flare.

Can anyone else identify with these heart episodes at night?

Thank you

Sue

xx

I wonder if anyone can identify with what happens to me when my POTS is bad.

I actually had quite a good day yesterday, and even had enough energy to clean the bathroom! I did though feel quite full of adrenaline, which usually accompanies these "good days"

Then as soon as I tried to sleep I could feel my heart racing, and I was agitated and felt strong palpitations. In many ways I think these episodes I get mirror those felt by Austin on the superb DINET DVD, who said hers occured during the night. I didn't sleep much and as a result feel rather shattered today. I did notice earlier in the week some low BP and low pulse pressure readings especially on standing and some giant pulse rises- so guess it's a flare.

Can anyone else identify with these heart episodes at night?

Thank you

Sue

xx

Hi Sue,

Before my current weird low pulse problem this was quite common for me to have issues at night. Usually, when I had been busy or active during the day. That's why originally I didn't think I had POTS. My worst symptoms were at night. They diagnosed me with hyperadrenergic POTS, so I'm guessing the norepinephrine does build up and cause the weird symptoms at night. When this happens I take a little more clonidine and it calms down so I can sleep.