B-12 Shots With Sodium Chloride.

abbriggs

Just started giving myself B-12 shots daily. They also have Sodium Chloride in them. I have the type of POTS that makes my blood pressure rises instead of falls. I also retain water very easily. So about an hour after my shot I felt my fingers swell and could no take my rings off.

Just wondering if any of you that salt your diet have thought about doing it in another form. I think this would work for you.

Mandi

just wondering was this ordered by your dr? how much do you take each day? i get them on a monthly basis.

bellamia~

Sounds handy for the salt loading. I've heard of cats getting subcutaneous hydration for kidney trouble and have been curious if some trick like that could work for us. It gives them a big hump that lasts for a while and only has to be done every so often:

http://www.crvetcenter.com/scfluids.htm

At times I have my "camelbak" backpack on me often enough that it's about the same :)

I take Methylcobalamin 25 Mg, 1 ml a day. Mine in IM (intermuscular). I give it to myself in my thigh muscle. My Dr. did prescribe it for me. I finally had my dr. reluctantly do a Lyme test and it came back positive. So I am hoping that I am on to something.

It has REALLY helped with my neuropathy in just the few days I have been taking it. I am hoping for the energy factor that comes later.

http://www.prohealth.com/library/showarticle.cfm?libid=481

My dr. did right me a Rx for them. I had never heard of it before. Methylcobalamin is what I take. Read the like that I provided.

Just started giving myself B-12 shots daily
sorry I'm really confused, but that's normal for me.

I went to the link and its an article on what it does. What am I missing or not reading? I see there's a store in this link but I dont find intermuscular Methylcobalamin 25 Mg?

lmt033167: I am not sure what you are asking? It is a prescription that I got from my Dr. you would have to get a prescription and have it filled at a compounding pharmacy. Your dr. might be willing to give you the shots once a week or so at their office.

The sodium is in with the B-12, part of the ingredients.

I understand now after reading it again :lol: I think... sometimes to get the info to my brain is impossible sorry

So you get B12 shots prescribed by your doctor that has sodium in them, the link you posted was a link to the supplement, and you also take Methylcobalamin 25 Mg correct?

I'm willing to try anything to help with my neuropathy...if I missed the mark on understanding this time just ignore this post and I won't ask any other questions because I feel really dumb not understanding lol

It is very common for injections to have either sterile water or sodium chloride 0.9% as the fluid that the drug is mixed with. For IM injections they usually try to keep the volume of the injection below 1ml and certainly below 3ml (as more liquid in injection = more pain). I suspect that the actual amount of sodium in your B-12 injection is tiny and probably wouldn't have any effect on most of us with dysautonomia.

Some people with POTS get IV saline to help with their symptoms. In this case it would be a litre or more of 0.9% Sodium chloride directly into the bloodstream. People can have sub-cutaneous fluids (like the cats) but it is not a good way of getting fluids or salt, it is only used when IV access is impossible.

The best way of getting salt is still by eating it. Either adding salt to food and drinks (eg gatorade, broth) or by taking salt tablets. In the UK I get "slow sodium tablets 600mg" on prescription and take 10 every morning (=6g sodium), unlike thermotabs or buffered salt tablets these are very gentle on the stomach as they actually release the salt from a matrix once they have gone through the stomach so no nausea or cramps.

Flop

Well, I have this to say. Since I have been taking the shots I can not wear my wedding rings. I do retain water easily though. My hands look like they did when I was pregnant. I have not changed my diet at all. I drink only water and tea. So for me I am retaining so much more water now.

Archived