Head Blown Up Like A Balloon?

lieze

Well I finally braved Walmart again and I made it through. The entire time I was in there though I felt out of it. Like I didn't have my head on straight. Not alert how else can I describe it. Maybe some of that depersonaliziation feeling?

Anyone else get this way and any advice related?

I guess it's good to do as much as we can to kind of push through even if we feel weird?

I stopped several times. Really paced myself I was not pushing my cart very fast at all. I was one of the slower shoppers. I used to be able to barrel through there-not at this time for me.

I just wished I didn't feel like I was wearing a gumball head even though I'm not trying to complain I'm thankful for every little bit I can do.

lieze

Well I finally braved Walmart again and I made it through. The entire time I was in there though I felt out of it. Like I didn't have my head on straight. Not alert how else can I describe it. Maybe some of that depersonaliziation feeling?

Anyone else get this way and any advice related?

I guess it's good to do as much as we can to kind of push through even if we feel weird?

I stopped several times. Really paced myself I was not pushing my cart very fast at all. I was one of the slower shoppers. I used to be able to barrel through there-not at this time for me.

I just wished I didn't feel like I was wearing a gumball head even though I'm not trying to complain I'm thankful for every little bit I can do.

lieze

I get that way too and I unfortunately, let it turn to anger! I have figured out that there is a small window of opportunity of mental clarity for me in the evening, and I do stuff then. My doctor told me that the more I push it, the more used to it I will get and then I will develop a tolerance for it. He also mentioned that physical exercise is vital to POTS patients and that overtime, it will reduce the mental fog. I am hoping he is right, but I want an exact date and time frame (noone knows!). I forced my dumb, foggy headed self out yesterday for a 35min walk! I was spent and felt drunk once I got back home, but today, I feel less foggy? Mind over matter? I don't know, but I am going to force this illness out of me and health into me!

I hope you feel better soon. Are you better at night also? The sun seems to screw with my eyes, and makes my head shift into fogginess real quick. I am much more functional at night. Could it be the sun, or b/c my fluid vol is up by the time night comes? My doc said it is probably a combo of both (safe answer).

I hope this weekend is a good one for you. I can't even imagine having kids to care for. I am lucky, in a way, b/c I am single, with only immediate family, friends and a boyfriend; no real responsiblities, exept trying to get back to my insane job!

Good luck, hope other people have an idea how to fix this dead head, foggy feeling...