B-12 Shots

abbriggs

im off for my 9th b 12 shot tomorrow. i have them weekly for 10 weeks then once a month for a year.

i havent noticed any difference at all, but the doc did say this. the first few weeks i thought maybe i would take some time to feel different but alas no.

im sure it works differently for each individual, also i havent noticed any side effects. just a little painful at times when the shot goes into your arm.x

I had a positive Lyme test and I saw and LLMD. He gave me a script for the B-12 shots. He wants me to give them to myself in the thigh ONCE a DAY. I am just a little nervous about it.

I have not had my levels checked.

I give myself subcutaneous injections of B12 every day because I have problems absorbing it through my diet. I haven't really noticed an increase in energy, but that wasn't the sole purpose of it for me =). However, it has helped tremendously with numbness and tingling in my legs, fingertips and feet.

Once you start supplementing/injecting yourself with B12, serum levels are no longer an accurate measurement. You have to test urine MMA or serum homocysteine levels. There's a great book that talks about this called Could It Be B12? An Epidemic of Misdiagnoses.

Good luck!

Has anyone tried B-12 shots for energy? I am concerned that they might over stimulate me.

Hi all, my first post here. :lol:

I'm been dealing with dysautonomia for about a year now, it came out of nowhere.

I had my B12 tested at the beginning of my problems and it was midrange, I also took sublingual methyl tabs since then. Then, a few weeks back I had a CBC that showed low blood platelets and a slightly high MCV, both of these can be signs of B12 deficiency.

Since then I started B12 injections and I've seen maybe a 50% decrease in my symptoms...maybe 50% is too generous, but on a good day that's what it feels like.

I still have all my symptoms unfortunately but my good days are much better and my heart doesn't pound as hard. I don't know if B12 is the cause of my problems (I've already taken a lot of shots and seem to have hit a plateau) but out of all the things and meds I've tried B12 injections have done the most. The sublingual pills even in large doses did nothing for me.

I was diagnosed with pernicious anemia and do B-12 injections weekly. I have found if I do the injection before bed I will toss and turn, so I do them in the morning now. I do have more energy and the numbness and tingling in my feet is gone. I read the book one of the previous posters mentioned and learned SO much about the importance of B-12. Definitely a book worth reading! Good luck! :lol:

I've had pernicious anemia since 1990. I was getting a shot every month.

While being diagnosed with POTS in hospital, I was told to give myself shots every week.

You can't Overdose, you will piss out any extra.

Give the shots before bed, you will make new blood while in a deep REM sleep, if you do it during the day, it will wear you out all day.

• 3 weeks later...