Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Once my divorce is final I'll have to go on Medicare part B. Of course it hardly covers anything, so I'll need to supplement it big time. How do I figure out which plan is best for me? Every education site is really aimed at seniors, but I need a plan for the young and disabled.

If anyone else with POTS has had to do this, I'd love to hear about it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Medicare supplement insurances vary by state. You will probably find it helpful to talk with a local insurance agent who can help you with this.

I have a great insurance agent who has helped me with all of the confusing details. He told me what the best supplement option was, and that's what I chose. I have never had to pay a penny out of pocket for a doctors visit, hospital stay, or medical test. Even when doctors offices have told me that Medicare and my supplement wouldn't cover the whole cost, they always have. A good Medicare supplement can make a big difference.

I have a Blue Cross Blue Shield supplement, and it has always been good. Depending on your state, though, BCBS might not offer a supplement; they may only offer a comprehensive plan. Again, an insurance agent can help you pick what is best for you.

You will also need a Part D plan to cover prescription costs. Check these out carefully. Some will make you pay a whole lot more for your meds than others will. A couple of years ago I used a Part D checker online that compared the costs of my meds on different Part D plans. I was easily able to find the best option for me.

It call all be very confusing, but it is worth checking into and finding a good plan. Picking what is best for you can save you a lot of money.


Link to post
Share on other sites

uh-oh, what if I'm visiting doctors in diff states?

Link to post
Share on other sites


I am on medicare and I have Regence BC/BS med advantage plan with prescription coverage. I talked to an agent who helped me pick the plan that fit my needs and so far I have had no problems whatsoever with the coverage. I am mid forties and I also live in Washington state and see out of state doctors (Oregon).

If you have any other questions just let me know.



Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...