Heart Racing?

Nikki

Last night I woke up at about 2:00 to go to the bathroom. As I walked over I felt my heart rate going super fast..I got back to bed once I was done and once I laid down, it seemed to slow down, and I just fell back asleep. I woke up for the day around 7:00 and again, I felt my heart racing. So I sat up and took my BP and it was like 135/90, 112 beats. When I laid down it was like 128/80, 105 beats. Now, I guess that's not TOO high, but I know when I was up and walking around it had to be pretty high..I never felt it it just in my chest beating like that before. (Hopefully not TMI - but it's also 'that time of the month' so I'm thinking maybe that is throwing my body off some?) Has this ever happened to anyone? I'm guessing it's 'normal' for us, but I'm just looking for some reassurance, I suppose.

Hi Nikki,

Sorry you are going through this. I have this happen alot. Sometimes it wakes me. I know that my cortisol levels run high at night but not sure it that's what causes this? When in doubt, check with your dr. but I think many of us experience this. Such a horrible feeling. I've had it during the day as well, just sitting and my heart rate takes off. Are you on meds like a beta blocker?

good luck. Oh, I'm pos meno but I do know many of us have a worse time during our periods.

Rene

This happens to me all the time. And more so around my cycle. The metroplol seems to help it.

It actually kept happening to me last night every time I stretched. And woke up today with chest pains like on the breast bone. I'm nearing the end of my cycle. It also makes me more tired the next day.

Tracy

Last night I woke up at about 2:00 to go to the bathroom. As I walked over I felt my heart rate going super fast..I got back to bed once I was done and once I laid down, it seemed to slow down, and I just fell back asleep. I woke up for the day around 7:00 and again, I felt my heart racing. So I sat up and took my BP and it was like 135/90, 112 beats. When I laid down it was like 128/80, 105 beats. Now, I guess that's not TOO high, but I know when I was up and walking around it had to be pretty high..I never felt it it just in my chest beating like that before. (Hopefully not TMI - but it's also 'that time of the month' so I'm thinking maybe that is throwing my body off some?) Has this ever happened to anyone? I'm guessing it's 'normal' for us, but I'm just looking for some reassurance, I suppose.

had similar thing the other night - got up to pee and by the time i got back to bed, my heart was pounding and racing. ick, not fun. i lay down in bed (usually i can't stand this and will need to walk around a bit)....and it must have settled down pretty quickly bc i fell back to sleep. it was a lot of pounding and racing for just waking up to go pee!

This is a horrible feeling, and I have had this happen a lot. It would make my cry when I was younger------before I knew anything about POTs. I'm on 20mgs of propranolol 3 times a day. When I crashed with my POTS I had tachycardia even on my full dose of propranolol. Now this was scary-----I assumed the beta blocker wouldn't let this happen. I assumed wrong. I still struggle from time to time with tachycardia on my beta blocker, but hopefully this will never happen again when I first get out of bed. That is the worst feeling. How can this be.......here we are, fully rested and our heart races after sleeping? Messes with the mind............. :huh:

Maxine :0)