Still Hanging In !!

Hi all,

So now I am in Lucernce. I have a great neurologist. But even he has agreed that he is kind of out of his league. He is trying to ge me transferred to Vanderbilt. I have been accepted but they don't have any beds at the moment.

I am so down guys. My body hurts so much. I have been in the hospital for 3 weeks now. I have been fighting to ge a good nanny for my kids. My mom wants to take over....keeps tellling me how selfish I am and that my kids have been through so much. I know they have and I am doing my best but I don't know how to change all this. I have a nice girl now who takes are of them from 5 pm until the next morning. I have great neighbors that keep an eye on them too. I am in contact with their teachers.

My ex-husband is yelling at me that i won't have the nanny take my son to baseball. She (the nanny) does enough already!! Why can't he step in an bring him to baseball anyway???

I went into bad muscle spasms the ohter night and called for my mom and ex-husband to come....neither would come.

I am afraid...but I have to keep fighting for my kids. But I am sick. Very sick...can't figure out what is going on. Sometimes I think I am making it up.. :blink: it would be easier. I mis my old boyfriend...someone to stroak my hair...tell me it is going to be alright. I want to go back to work...I loved my job.

Please pray for healing for my family...and that they figure this out...and that I live a long healthy life and get to see y grand-children!! My muscles hurt :P so badly. Then the latest doctor says..."hmmm well now our deconditiooned....but 3 weeks ago I was walking 2 miles using hand wieghts"....

Love you guys,,,,Erika

Hi all,

So now I am in Lucernce. I have a great neurologist. But even he has agreed that he is kind of out of his league. He is trying to ge me transferred to Vanderbilt. I have been accepted but they don't have any beds at the moment.

I am so down guys. My body hurts so much. I have been in the hospital for 3 weeks now. I have been fighting to ge a good nanny for my kids. My mom wants to take over....keeps tellling me how selfish I am and that my kids have been through so much. I know they have and I am doing my best but I don't know how to change all this. I have a nice girl now who takes are of them from 5 pm until the next morning. I have great neighbors that keep an eye on them too. I am in contact with their teachers.

My ex-husband is yelling at me that i won't have the nanny take my son to baseball. She (the nanny) does enough already!! Why can't he step in an bring him to baseball anyway???

I went into bad muscle spasms the ohter night and called for my mom and ex-husband to come....neither would come.

I am afraid...but I have to keep fighting for my kids. But I am sick. Very sick...can't figure out what is going on. Sometimes I think I am making it up.. :P it would be easier. I mis my old boyfriend...someone to stroak my hair...tell me it is going to be alright. I want to go back to work...I loved my job.

Please pray for healing for my family...and that they figure this out...and that I live a long healthy life and get to see y grand-children!! My muscles hurt :P so badly. Then the latest doctor says..."hmmm well now our deconditiooned....but 3 weeks ago I was walking 2 miles using hand wieghts"....

Love you guys,,,,Erika

I'm sorry that you're suffering so still. That's great that you are on your way to Vandy (many prayers that a bed will open up very soon), and that you have a great neurologist who is able to and humble enough to admit that he needs help with you. And it definitely sounds like you are doing all that you can for your kids, and I am sure that they know and appreciate that.

It sounds like you, unfortunately, are surround by a couple of tools. :( I'm sorry that's the case, but I can imagine that they are pretty frightened and sad by this, but I do see that your ex has any excuse to not step in and try to help out some. And with your mother... perhaps we're long lost sisters, because that sounds like my mom. :blink::( You're such a wonderful person that I wouldn't mind being your long lost sister. :D

I know you wouldn't be making this up at all... Who in their right mind would? Granted I've only been a psychology major, I have studied for quite awhile and you definitely are in your right mind! Self affirmations seem silly at first, but they have worked wonderfully for me, and allowed me to keep seeing other doctors for answers after previous ones kept trying to pawn my symptoms off on stress or "you're just crazy... quit worrying and you'll get better!" I had to keep telling myself that "I'm not crazy. I know my body better than these doctors, and I will find an answer!"

Please know that you and your family, and your doctors (that they are able to quickly find out what's wrong with you) are in my prayers!!

Erika-

Does your ex and your mother think you are at a spa? Better get those nurses working on your pedicure.

The added stress must be playing havoc with your system. I understand an ex-husband being so narcissistic that he doesn't want to be embarrassed that he can't be bothered to take his kids to baseball. Unfortunately you have to deal with him for the sake of the kids. Your mother, on the other hand, needs a cold dose of reality. Her visits are not doing you much good if they leave you in such turmoil. Unfortunately, we can't separate the emotional stress from the rest of our system. I am praying for them to come to an understanding but you need to think about you. You need support and help now not criticism. Perhaps one of your nurses could mention to your mom that any type of stress is really bad for you.

Still praying for your strength and praying that you get the care needed quickly

Gentle Hugs,

Noreen

I'm glad you are hanging in there and doing what you can for the kids. I assume they are a bit older being in baseball and things? And it seems you and they like their Nanny so that's wonderful. Don't feel bad about a Nanny! So many people have them...and it sounds like your kids are in school and have activities so at least they are old enough to have their own things going on and it's not like you are leaving a toddler with a Nanny all day. You are sick. It's not your choice!

And...you can choose your friends but not your family. It is frustrating your mom and ex wouldn't come to see you. :( I always tell myself that someone never knows what could happen tomorrow (and this was before I got sick, I tried to be understanding). Sometimes some people will never understand. A hospital is not a fun place to be (ha ha on the spa comment here - so true!). It's kinda like the 'jealous' coworkers when you are out getting treatment/sick/etc. Yes, I wanted to be out for 2 days for major blood tests and things. Sigh.

Well keep us updated! We care! Hope you are off to Vandy soon.

Erika, I feel for you so much. If I were anywhere near you, I'd come and see you myself! Your experience reminds me a little of when I first got ill, not knowing what was wrong with me. I couldn't stand up for more than a few moments without falling and a round of doctors told me that somehow...it was my fault. I would cry every night in frustration and misery, quietly, so they couldn't accuse me of being depressed.

I can't believe that that doctor called you deconditioned, as if you were lying around by choice! And the behavior of your mother and ex-husband...it's bad enough to be sick without having anyone to support you.

I'm so happy that Vanderbilt accepted you as a patient, and I hope that experience will lead to the kind of care and compassion that have been missing so far. You'll be in my prayers.

Hugs and support are coming your way every day! I pray that you get to Vanderbuilt soon and they can figure out what is going on. You WILL be able to go home to your kids - don't lose faith or let that thought slip from your mind.

~ Michelle