Flax Oil & Heart Palpatations

gertie

I started taking organic flax oil today & my heart has flopped like a fish out of water all day. There are no other additives in the oil. Has anyone had this problem with FO? I want to give it a chance but I can't take this. I've noticed magnesium supplements do me the same way. What could be in flax that would cause these symptoms? thanks.

Do you also have unusual gastrointestinal experiences on these oils? If the oil were irritating to the intestines that could cause the heart palpitations. Or if you have some kind of allergy to fish, or something else in the pill that could cause heart palpitations.

Otherwise, it doesn't make sense to me that anyone would get heart palpitations on the same day they took a fish oil supplement. The mechanism of action of fish oil is supposed to be delayed.

Have you had the same experience after eating fish? Ever cooked salmon on a grill and had a couple servings of salmon fileted in its own oil? You should have gotten a decent wallop of fish oil in that meal. what did it do to you?

I know!! Everyone says it's supposed to be really good for circulation, which is why I gave it a go, but it's just not worth the reaction..

Hmmm that's interesting. With me, there's also a general feeling of worse OI than I usually would have and yes, my stomach doesn't like fish or flaxseed oil at all. Alicia, what about you, any extra symptoms? I haven't had a big serving of oily fish in ages so not really sure how I am when it's not in supplement form..

I've read that flaxseed can tamper with your heart rate before...if only I remembered where I had read it. I think it happens to a fair amount of people. I can't tolerate it, either.

I have the same problem with magnesium supplements. Flax seed I grind and use on top of yogurt or in muffins and don't have any problems that I have connected to its use.

I take 4 coated Fish Oil capsules (2 Am and 2 PM) and don't have issues with it.

Noreen

I have tried both flax oil capsules and ground flax seed - both caused me to get immediately flushed in the face, dizzy, and an onset of autonomic symptoms. I have had a similar with cod liver oil capsuls and olive oil. I seem to have a general intolerance to any type of oil, but I am not sure why.

• 2 years later...

Flaxseed oil mimics estrogen in your body, and many Potsies seem to have hormonal imbalances. Estrogen imbalance can in turn cause PVC's. :P Not sure yet if it is too much or too little estrogen that is the issue, though in my own body I seem to have trouble with too little. Progesterone is evil, estrogen is good. At least for now :). lol

• 7 years later...

i drank flax milk whick does have flax oil and my heart rate went up to 165 i took a salmon oil and within 5 minutes i was down to 88.i had the milk mixed with cilantro and carrots celery but i know it was the milk i usuakly dont drink this at all and wont drink it again