Teri Posting For Nina (mighty Mouse)

Hi All:

I wanted to update you Nina was in a car accident this morning. SHe was going through a green light when a dual pick up truck pulled out in front of her. As Nina hit the driver side her airbag deployed. Fortunately she only hurt her abdomen...with that being said we are waiting for more tests to be done to know if she is out of the woods and will not require surgery. I will do my best to keep you updated! For those of you on FaceBook I am much faster at answering questions there than here.

Send good thoughts her way!

Teri

Guest tearose

Dear Nina,

Please take care of yourself and heal well and swiftly as possible.

I am so sorry you had this terrible accident.

Thank goodness you are in good hands.

Sending you loads of healing love and light.

tearose

For those of you not on facebook Teri has posted a couple of pictures of Nina. She looks relatively comfortable in her hospital bed but has a large bruise from the steering wheel on her abdomen. I'm sure that the doctors will want to observe her for a day or two to ensure that there aren't any internal injuries.

Sending healing hugs to you ((((((Nina))))))

Flop

Hi guys, just a very quick note b/c I feel pretty awful--I am home. Many thanks for the well wishes. Still have a way to go...

Have a huge abdominal wall bruise from hitting the steering wheel --being the small mouse, I sit pretty close to the wheel. The smoke from the airbag also burned my throat and lungs, making my asthma a bit tough. I am sore everywhere, nauseated, headachey, but I do have to say the staff listened to me, pumped me full of fluid when my heart rate wouldn't come down, and didn't freak out about my blood pressure going all over the place. Kudos to my medical team and the ambulance crew who were all awesome.

I am blessed to have so many caring people in my life; Thank you. :P

Sorry I haven't posted to this thread earlier, but I have been praying for you behind the scenes. :P I am so glad that you are doing well in spite of the circumstances, and I'll pray that your recovery will be quick and painless. I'm also very happy that you had such an awesome medical staff to care for you. Anyways, get well soon!

Hi Nina-

Hope you're feeling a little better each day. Car accidents can really set off our already whacked autonomic systems...hope that's NOT happening & things are calming down.

Post an update as you're able-

Hugs & Prayers-

Julie

Hi again. I'm tired and sore, and my belly looks freakish with the giant bruise, but I'm hanging in there. Am much more tired than usual, more "spinny" and just plain "out if it" Potsy fog has surely set in

...and looks as though I may have developed a hernia just above my belly button :rolleyes: Have a area that's red, bumped out more than the rest of the bruise and makes my belly button hurt when I bend, crouch, etc. Boogers. Have to see my GP on Tues and take it from there. Also, my perpetually slow guts are, well, in gridlock. You'd think between the liters and liters of fluid they gave me, the fluid I drank, plus fiber supplement, stool softener and glycolax, I'd actually be empty, but do dice. Sorry if TMI.

Well wishes are much appreciated. Also, my apologies to anyone who had to wait a while for me to approve their forum privileges or for me to ship their t-shirt orders. I'm a bit overwhelmed right now.

To add to the stress, some of you on facebook may have seen posts to/from my family about my nephew, who has been in Montreal General for a week now with a grade 4 kidney laceration, bruised liver and pneumothorax. He was up there with frat brothers and somehow got into some "roughousing" (um, maybe a fight???) and now my poor sister has been by his side sleeping in a chair ever since. Yesterday he had a very bad day, passing clots of blood through his catheter, which I'm told feels like passing kidney stones. Hopefully his youth will help him recover and get back home soon. So, I'd ask that rather than send your good thoughts my way, I'm doing fine, so divert them to Zachary who could really use them right now.

With much love.

Nina

Hi Nina,

I'm so sorry to hear about your nephew and hope that he recovers thoroughly and quickly. I read your post about the slow guts and hernia and wanted to remind you that if your hernia is incarcerated that you could develop a bowel obstruction. If this is a new hernia and you start having a marked increased in abdominal pain or start vomitting, you should get to the hospital. Most hernias are not incarcerated and this is most likely a POTS exacerbation, just as you said, so please don't become alarmed. You probably already knew this anyway!

I hope your bumps and bruises heal quickly!!!