If We Need To Cry Alot Do To Loss, What Should We Be Doing To Keep Symptoms At Bay?

Tammy

Last night my dog of 13 years died and I haven't slept and keep crying off and on when thoughts of her come to my mind. I'm wondering with all the tears I'm shedding and no sleep, if I need to be doing anything to help my body get through this as best as us with POTS can. I'm actually thirsty so I am drinking some water periodically, but can't think of anything else I need to do other than get some sleep which is so difficult to do when ever time I close my eyes I think of her and all the silly things she use to do, or the way she looked at me, or how she would seem to take care of me when I'm feeling so sick, etc. Oh boy, more tears are coming as I write this. Thanks for any advice ;)

Hugs ((((((((((Tammy))))))))))

You are already helping to look after your body be drinking extra water. Keep up with lots of fluids, add some salt or salty snacks or try a sports drink with electrolytes like Gatorade. Most of all let yourself rest and grieve.

Flop

Hi Tammy-

One of our sweet members gave me this link when my beloved Oso (13 y/o) died recently. It helped & I believe every word. Have a jug of gatorade & a box of kleenex handy.

http://www.indigo.org/rainbowbridge_ver2.html

Big Hugs-

Julie