Update In Orlando!

Erika,

(I am having someone else type this post because the pain in my arms is severe). I just wanted to check in on you and find out how you were doing. Please know that I am keeping you in my prayers, and I hope the new neurologist can figure out what is happening. I am sure that they have ruled it out, but I just want to make sure that you have been checked for myasthenia gravis. Hang in there, and remember that your "forum family" cares about you.

Broken Shell

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Guys...

I am so tired of all of this. I am very ill. I can't stand without falling. Any activity, even of speaking with the doctor today left me ill with my o2 down to 92 for a while.

I had a friend take me to ORMC in Orlando. They did a spinal. Now they said that the protein wasn't elevated but they are going to look for pandysautonomia...apparentlly it is a different test of the CSF.

They did a EMG...said the results are terrible but we have to try to figure out what is terrible...I have had signigicant nerve damamge from GBS so what is new and what isn't.

I am scared from the spasm I had the other night. My mom is angry with me...says I am demanding too much of her time and she has other obligations. I wonoder if she would just like to push me out into the middle of the road and a truck could hit me and this would all be over.

I am so happy to have you all. I also think this neurologist is trying. I personally would just start IVIG and go from there but he is probably going to send me to Shands...or Mayo.

I want to be home with my kids. It wasn't perfect but I had a least learned what I could do and couldn't. I would rest, do stuff, rest, do stuff...

I also have horrible sensations after I try any activity....I can't explain the sensation. Does anyone else get this? It goes away when I stop moving and rest....rest....rest...

I will write more tomorrow. Thank you all so much. :rolleyes: Lieze - I am going to call the chaplin...power of prayer. I believe. What a great girl you are for suggesting it.

I love you all,

Erika

Ericka, butterfliesandroses-1.jpg

I'm praying for you, and hoping they can help you right away with this. They need to figure this out! I wish I could be there to advocate for you, as I know how difficult it is to do that when you're weak and vulnerable.

Keep us updated when you are able. I wish you had more support there!

HUGS,

Maxine :0)

Hi All!!

So I think they are all now in agreement to try to do a hospital to hospital transfer to Vanderbilt. All labs are still pending but I think they know i should be somewhere like that...I will keep you posted...need to start a new thread of my emotional non-well-being-------------------

Love you all!!!

Erika