My Daughter's Sweet 16 Party Tonight

So last year I was in the hospital on my daughter's birthday. That being said I decided to throw a big shindig tonite as I am more able and she is now 16!!

I have done as much advance work as possible but this morning we had to get the patio all ready. Straighten up etc. I am always down from about 3 - 5 so I am doing my reclining now. But I did too much this morning and feel awful. My mom is here. She keeps talking and talking. Furhtrmore she is always taken back by my very ill spells...it never registers that POTS means I get ill from being upright and moving...if I don't talk and lay still I will be able to pull something together for tonite....if not I will be in bed at 7!!

OK...so I will keep trying to relax admist the noise .. does anyone else feel worse with a lot of comotin? :) My daughter is a great help and understands...my mom ...well, she never gets it!!

So wish us well. I have 35 16-year olds coming in 3 hours!!

Erika

Oh my God, Erika~

35 teen-age girls? Are you crazy?

Yes, I definitely feel worse when there's a lot going on. I feel worse just having to 'entertain' one person, like I have to be 'on' or something. I hope your daughter has fun, and get a lot of pix, but fortunately at that age, the girls will have plenty of fun on their own.

Good luck!

Jana

They had a great time! :)

I did really well! I rested beforehand and then I sat a lot at the party. I even cleaned up afterwards I was feeling so well.

I had a DJ and he played all the young music (which I think is headbanging anyway) at a very very loud level..honestly I must be getting better or at least better at handling my POTS. It is all good considering last year I couldn't walk across my hospital room.

I know a big part is having you all to listen to and learn from and occasionally (well more than my fair share for sure) vent to you all!

Erika

Hi Erica , Its my sons 16th birthday today too :)

we have just had a housefull and some younger members of the family have been very noisey.

I always get dizzy when theres alot of noise going on , they have all just left and I am so relieved ,lol.

I think whats helped me today is the fact I am wearing some compression stockings and some compression underware.

Good luck , hope it goes well for you today.