Oh My, I Stayed In Bed 10 Hours Today Instead Of My Usual 9

futurehope

I didn't feel like getting out of bed this morning, which is true for me every morning. The difference is, this was one of my "off" days, with nothing important planned, so I fell asleep for another hour for a total of 10 hours.

I don't think I'll be doing this again. The extra hour has left me "feeling like low pulse pressure" (icky) all day. I do not want to feel worse than normal, and this is no fun.

Well, tomorrow is another day. I will force myself out of bed after 9 hours, even though I feel so tired every morning. The extra hour has ruined my day. Who would have thought extra rest would make me feel worse? I'm so sensitive to environmental changes.

I can only sleep happily for seven hours at this point......no idea why. I'm kinda just 'up' then and once I take my meds I can't sleep well. If I'm really sick and have to sleep, I try, but POTS will act up more.

I wish I could sleep more sometimes, but I know what you mean. We're so sensitive and it sure is annoying.

On the other hand, I've read a lot of studies where sleep varies SO MUCH amongst people anyway. So I try to not overly worry about the number. I hate when I can't sleep and have to function on 4-5 hours. Now that's yucky!

I can't stay in bed for any longer than 8 hours as I get too dehydrated and it makes everything so much worse. I think getting to bed early and getting up early seems to be the best plan, as prolonged periods in bed make me very ill indeed.

I typically sleep nine to ten hours a day and still wake up exhausted. I have been known to sleep as much as 15 hours! I forced myself out of bed today after 11 hours of sleep and have felt exhausted all day. Odd thing is that I always feel worse in the morning (if I'm up that early) and afternoon and I feel better later at night.

AN hase affected me the worse by exercise intolerance-- I can't walk very far without getting totally out of breath( both my heart and lungs are functioning appropriately). Today, I can't walk down the hall of my house without getting winded. I have directly correlated how tired I feel with the severity of the exercise intolerance. Needless to say, I've been a couch potato today!

I am now a HUGE FAN of sleeping during the day. My alarm goes off at 6am and my lights are usually off around midnight. I am always exhausted but POTS for me means an overabundance of adrenaline and therefore insomnia.

Well, today I felt really horrible (which I was kind of glad for, because I have a heart monitor on for the next week), and I came home from work. I was really nervous about missing a meeting, but my two cats showed me how they take naps and the house was full of sunshine and I had the most wonderful nap. I felt like I was making up for centuries of sleep. I have to say that it is really rare that I take vacations, but this nap beat out nearly all of the vacations I've been on. This was more incredible than anything (even shopping). I guess that you have to have moderation in all things, but I can say that this nap worked a miracle for me.

I think they should be prescribed just like a drug!!!!!

Kits

I am now a HUGE FAN of sleeping during the day. My alarm goes off at 6am and my lights are usually off around midnight. I am always exhausted but POTS for me means an overabundance of adrenaline and therefore insomnia.

Well, today I felt really horrible (which I was kind of glad for, because I have a heart monitor on for the next week), and I came home from work. I was really nervous about missing a meeting, but my two cats showed me how they take naps and the house was full of sunshine and I had the most wonderful nap. I felt like I was making up for centuries of sleep. I have to say that it is really rare that I take vacations, but this nap beat out nearly all of the vacations I've been on. This was more incredible than anything (even shopping). I guess that you have to have moderation in all things, but I can say that this nap worked a miracle for me.

I think they should be prescribed just like a drug!!!!!

Kits

I have a hard time napping unless I'm sick, but if I'm going to learn from anyone, it'd be my cat! How adorable. I'm glad you had a wonderful nap and the picture of cats and sunshine and napping made me happy. :rolleyes:

Kits

I have a hard time napping unless I'm sick, but if I'm going to learn from anyone, it'd be my cat! How adorable. I'm glad you had a wonderful nap and the picture of cats and sunshine and napping made me happy. :rolleyes:

Aw, their names are Eleanor Rigby and Mr. World Bank. I'm so tense and they all they have to do is start purring and suddenly everything is just going to be okay. Aren't cats the best?!!!

Kits