Has Anyone Had A Two Week Heart Monitor?

Kitsakatsa

I thought I would throw this question out there. Has anyone had the type of heart monitor where they monitor you for two weeks?

I just have a VERY thready fast pulse- no one including machines can detect a pulse or blood pressure when I'm standing up. Few can do it when I'm sitting down.

I think this is common among us POTS patients and I wonder if these can detect us- or if it will just show every other beat etc.

It's an expensive test and I don't want to ruin it. I also don't want a falsley low reading that will show as normal because a tech and the machine don't know what they are doing. We've all had experiences with that!

I wish it was on today- I feel like death on a wasa cracker, covered in non fat cream cheese with a sprig of parsley on top! It should be on my doorstep tonight.

You know how some conventional tests are not POTS detective, or POTS friendly? I'm wondering if anyone has had experience with this one.

Kits

By the way, thanks to everyone who contributed to my last post. I've since seen my angel doctor and I have snapped out of it. He called the other doctor a few names and it made me laugh. Now I can put the whole experience behind me. Your support helped bring me back to me.

Yes I have worn three and they were able to detect my tachycardia and my SVT's on it.

You gave me a little hope because there are times at my peak where I can't feel my carotid and I fear that my heart has stopped beating, I have never lost consciousness when this has happened but it scares the pee out of me. I'm glad to hear you say it's still there just unpalpable.

Glad to hear you are feeling better about things.

I did have a cardiac ablation based on my results from my 30 day test.

oh and since my ablation my resting and active heart rate have went back down to a more normal. I still do get acitivity intolerance and breathless but the heart since it's healed from the ablation is much better.

lieze

p.s. the 30 day test I had was a cardiac event monitor where you push the button when you have symptoms.

the holter just records continuous and at that point I hadn't started the SVT's yet I was just getting tachy.

Then I wore another 30 day event monitor post ablation and I showed some just sinus tachycardia-no arrythmia-so that was great!

Thank you, I am hoping that they can see what I feel. Isn't that our constant struggle?

Yes, I have to admit its quite a sport of mine to internally giggle as I watch medical assistants struggle to find the BP. Physical therapists look at me like I'm coding. I once read from Dr. Google that there such as thing as "pulseless disease" and it is a type of vasculitis. I wonder if there are some common properties.

Thank you for your reply,

Kits

I wore a 30 day event monitor and based on those results they ordered a TTT and were able to confirm my POTS diagnosis. Now I have an implanted loop recorder to try to diagnose the exact cause of my symptoms so they can be properly treated.

Good luck!

Brye

I wore a heart monitor called a "King of Hearts" for at least a couple of weeks. It might be the event monitor Brye mentioned. I pushed a button on the monitor when I felt an episode coming on (this was in 2006, before we knew what I had was POTS), and the up to 5 episodes could be recorded. I would download the recordings over the phone to the heart lab. Then a cardiologist reviewed the events. I also recorded what I was doing at the time of each event so the cardio could determine if my heart's response was abnormal for the type of activity.

Unfortunately, I was only told my heart was normal. It wasn't until I was diagnosed that I reviewed those records and realized my heart rate was abnormally fast.

Side note: I have sensitive skin and after a day of wearing the EKG patches, my skin was blistered. So the heart lab techs gave me neonatal pads which are more expensive but not as irritating.

I had the event monitor the same as the others and it was very eventful. I phoned in several episodes and they never told me but sent an ambulance to my house when I wasn't home. I happened to call home and found out that there were ambulances looking for me and called the docs office and they wanted me to call another ambulance to go to the nearest hospital. Instead, my daughter drove me to a hospital we trusted, so if you ever get one much sure you tell them where you are when you call in.

Best of luck to you.

Bellamia~

• 4 weeks later...