Iritis...

bellajulz

Just wanted to see if there was a link between Pots patients and those who suffer with Iritis. If you have ever had Iritis let me know. I'm told by docs that it's a completely separate issue, but I still feel there is some link as I have both.

Thanks for any input! :)

My friend who also has POTS has Rheumatoid Arthritis, and has been having problems w/ this lately, to the point of giving her migraines - They are saying it is the R.A. - Her Rheumatologist is sending her to an Opthamologist for more testing ...

The only person I know who's had iritis also has Lupus. You may want to get checked for autoimmune issues--although I suppose an infection could hit anywhere, that's a pretty unusual area for it.

Yes I have had IRITIS and man was it painful. I could not move my eyes and laid still hoping the eye drops would help. That was in 1993.

Now that is my weaker eye and one Rheumatologist thought it was related to an autoimmune problem..but I cannot remember which one~!! LOL. I think it was Sjogrn's or Sicca Syndrome=dry eyes..mouth..etc. I have that too.

Did you find anything else out? Any other connection?

Good luck

Warmly, Jan