Hot Forehead

extern14

So one of my main symptoms is that I have a hot forehead all the time. I don't have a temperature because I check it and it's always normal. The best way I can describe it is that it feels like my brain is on fire and therefore the heat is seeping onto my forehead. Sometimes it feels this way with my eyes too, like my eye sockets are burning. Does anyone else have this and if so, what do I do? None of the doctors I have been to have been able to help me with this. Please help!

This sounds similar to the flushing episodes I get when under stress or when I talk too much. Cool cloths to my forehead help, but when it gets bad I wrap ice packs around my head :unsure: . For me, this has to do with excessive sympathetic activation as my BP goes up and I get chest pain too. I have burning skin all of the time due to neuropathy on my hands, feet, face, and mouth. But my eyes burn too sometimes.

This sounds similar to the flushing episodes I get when under stress or when I talk too much. Cool cloths to my forehead help, but when it gets bad I wrap ice packs around my head :unsure: . For me, this has to do with excessive sympathetic activation as my BP goes up and I get chest pain too. I have burning skin all of the time due to neuropathy on my hands, feet, face, and mouth. But my eyes burn too sometimes.

I do use cold washcloths or ice packs but it doesn't seem to work. I don't get chest pain and haven't checked my BP. Is there nothing else we can do? It's a constant thing with me lately and it's very annoying. Have the doctors given you an explanation or any meds that would help this?

I have the same thing, except either a) I don't have a fever; in fact I usually run a degree or so low, or :unsure: I actually have a low grade fever. I find this out quite often at the doctor's office when they take my temp. They ask if I knew I had a 99.5 degree/100 degree temp, and of course I never do. The only thing I know to do is to take some Tylenol or whatever fever reducer OTC med you can take.

Good luck!

I used to get this all the time and it was one of, if not my most bothersome symptom. Nothing to do but lie down and put cool cloths on my head, neck to make it subside a little. Of course, then I would sometimes go into a fit of shiverring and teeth chattering. Also used these things - Cool-danas - that I got at the sporting goods store - bandanas that you wet/freeze that you wear around your head/neck, especially in summer. I also sometimes put cool, wet teabags over my eyes and put pressure on them. That used to be a quick fix for puffy eyes that I'd used before and remembered that it felt soothing so I tried it for the burning eyes symptom and it worked.

I used to get this all the time and it was one of, if not my most bothersome symptom. Nothing to do but lie down and put cool cloths on my head, neck to make it subside a little. Of course, then I would sometimes go into a fit of shiverring and teeth chattering. Also used these things - Cool-danas - that I got at the sporting goods store - bandanas that you wet/freeze that you wear around your head/neck, especially in summer. I also sometimes put cool, wet teabags over my eyes and put pressure on them. That used to be a quick fix for puffy eyes that I'd used before and remembered that it felt soothing so I tried it for the burning eyes symptom and it worked.

Thanks, everyone. It appears that this is something I am just going to have to deal with and hope that it will go away quickly. I'm with you, though, when I do put the cold pack on my head, the rest of my body gets very cold. You can't win!