Motion Sensitivity?

Nikki

Does anyone else here have this? Some days it's hard for me to just turn my head without becoming super dizzy. Or bending over to pick something up? I need a few seconds to adjust once I stand upright again. I find little things too, like a scroll of text going across the bottom of the tv screen can make my head feel so floaty.

I also get migraines, so I don't know if this is only from that, or if POTS can do this to people as well.

Hi Nikki,

I don't know if it's from my POTS or not, but I get the same sensations off and on. Some days are really bad, and I don't trust myself driving. Other days are tolerable but I still have some degree of dizziness/associated nausea. If it gets really bad, I'll take a Dramamine, which will usually help with the symptoms. Lying still on a couch or in a recliner can help, too.

Cheers,

Jana

Hi Nikki,

This floaty/dizzy/off balance feeling is usually worse for me than the tachycardia. It disrupts my life the most because I can't drive, read or move when I'm feeling so wierd.

Hope you feel better soon.

Babette

I get this at times... usually in conjunction with a higher pule rate and just more POTS symptoms. I take meclizine when it become unbearable, but I have to lay down for a few hours after one, as it's in the same chemical family as phenergan and will make me majorly drowsy.

I just remembered that I can't stand on a dock at a lake or a river, because the combination of me being still, but the river moving.... well, I guess my brain feels like I should be moving, too... I'll get so dizzy I can hardly walk!