How To List All My Allergies

gertie

I'm trying to summarize my allergy list for my cell phone inf. I'm basically allergic to everything except my seizure meds but I don't know how to put that in writing. Should I say, multiple chemical sensitivity? I listed dysautonomia and hypoglycemia so if EMT's were ever called they would have a clue why I was passed out. I now realize that if the dr's here don't know what dysa. is the EMT's don't either. I appreciate any suggestions.

Hi Alicia~

That's a tough one. I wear one of those bracelets with velcro that runners use quite a bit (if they have health concerns) with a metal plate across the center for important medical info, and you just can't put down everything. I usually wear it whenever I'll be out alone. I have my name, state, home and my significant other's cell phone number, my hospital and primary doctor, and then I listed my problem areas at the bottom: heart/kidneys/POTS (or you could put dysautonomia). I'm going to order a new one soon which will include my allergies, and I'm going to list these as "multiple severe allergies". At least they'll know not to give you anything until you, your doctor, or your contact can give them the full list.

Hope this is helpful.

Cheers,

Jana

Take a blank flash drive and fill out all your medical information. Your current meds, allergies, dx, docs. names and #'s. I'm adding last cardic notes as they are so detailed about my POTS. Emergency numbers and anything else that I want them to know. Then clearly mark it emergency medical flash drive and tape it to the drive. Wear it around your neck or keep it on your key chain. Update as needed...

Bellamia~

Take a blank flash drive and fill out all your medical information. Your current meds, allergies, dx, docs. names and #'s. I'm adding last cardic notes as they are so detailed about my POTS. Emergency numbers and anything else that I want them to know. Then clearly mark it emergency medical flash drive and tape it to the drive. Wear it around your neck or keep it on your key chain. Update as needed...

Bellamia~

That's a great idea. I have all this info already saved in a file & when I go to a new dr I take a copy of it for their records. Thanks.

Thanks, after reviewing all the ones they sel,l my son and I decided they never leave enough room for people lke us in the swiss cheese forms they provide. Also they want to charge way too much when a simple flash drive is cheap. It's the new thing all emts are looking for to plug right into the ambulance and have your info right away.

xxx's,

Bellamia~

What a fantastic idea!!! And they are so small, they would fit easily on your keychain or necklace. It would be perfect for hospital staff to look at, but not be immediate help for the EMT if you had to get emergency help. But it's a super great idea!