Favorite Flavor Of Gatorade/powerade

I thought this might go here, since I know that for most of us, electrolyte ladden drinks are our salvation. Thing is, I don't like many of the Gatorade/Powerade flavors, so I was checking to see what everyone else's is, because perhaps I might find one or two that I like that I don't have to force down so much. I used to like the lemon/lime flavors, but after having 5 years of undiagnosed gallbladder problems and many days and weeks that Gatorade was the only thing that I could keep down, I'm not so fond if it anymore. Also, when I was a kid, I was sick alot, and most of the cough/cold and allergy medicine was grape, orange, or cherry flavor, and I can't stand those, either. So, does anyone have any suggestions for me to try?

Hi Ericka!

Well my favorite is Powerade orange but if that's not your thing I do believe there are alot of flavors out there between the two brands. Someone was telling me about the Gatorade Focus has a few different flavors. I think Powerade has a "diet" one that has strawberry kiwi. I guess you just really need to try them. I have tried a few but I always go back to the orange Powerade! Good luck and also look in the natural foods section. There are some over there too!

KC

I like the glacier freeze Gatorade. It is a light blue color. There is also a light purple one that I like, but I don't remember what it is called.

For something different in the winter, sometimes I make Russian Tea with powdered orange Gatorade instead of Tang. When I'm cold, it is nice to have a hot Gatorade drink. Here is the recipe I use if you are interested:

2 cups powdered orange Gatorade

1 cup instant black tea

2 teaspoons cinnamon

1 teaspoon cloves

Mix ingredients well and store in an air tight container.

To serve: Put two heaping teaspoonsfull into a cup of hot water. Stir and enjoy.

Rachel

Hi Ericka~

I can't stand Gatorade or PowerAde in any flavors. I buy either the NUUN hydration/electrolyte tabs or 'elixir' by 'camelbak' tablets in berry flavor. They're easy to carry, and you just put them into your water. Their taste isn't overpowering, and you're getting at least the same benefits from them along with the fact that they're low cal. I think quite a few people on here drink one of these, instead of the Gator or Power. You can find them online or in a health or fitness store....REI, Summit Hut, etc.

Hope you try one ~ at least they'll give you more options, and I love them when I have to travel.

Cheers,

Jana

Strawberry Lemonade Powerade is my only drink. I buy that crap like its going out of style. The people in my local grocery store know I need like cases of the darn stuff to buy. Its also almost always on sale 10 for $10 which is great!!

~Kelli

I use broth to keep up my BP. It's packed with salt and hardly any calories. If I have a couple glasses of water after, it gives me a burst of energy.

I don't mind Gatorade - I just don't like the sugar...and, though it's better than drinking plain water, I don't think it has enough salt to help....though some people may disagree.

I can't stomach the yelllow regular gatorade. I don't mind the red, purple or lemonade flavors. I think Powerade has less electrolytes than gatorade and G2 some of the other drinks have sugar substitutes, which I didn't really want either....bah humbug! :)

Gatorade Rain- Lime- it's an ongoing joke around here- I even wear a lot of lime green to match the Gatorade that is always in my hands :unsure: (The Gatorade Rain ones are not as sweet as regular Gatorade so they seem to be more manageable for the quantity we have to drink.)

Powerade Strawberry Lemonade is also better than the others I have tried- not as strong tasting.

Hope this helps :(

• 5 weeks later...

I like the red or pink lemonade Powerade. Of course the resulting bright red lips and tongue from the red one look really attractive... I was interested to read that someone drinks lots of green tea. I always feel guilty when I drink my morning and afternoon tea because I thought tea was a diuretic and therefore not good for us. Also- with my tachycardia, I really shouldn't be having caffeine. Can I now drink guilt-free? Powerade has a new zero calorie drink- haven't tried it yet.

It was interesting to read what flavors everyone likes and what brands. I like the grape gatorade, they call it firece on the bottle. It is the dark purplish blue one. I also drink the fruit2o brand of flavored waters. I believe it is sweetened with splenda. I try to alternate a bottle of gatorade then a bottle of the water. I did not like the low calorie G2 gatorade. Dasani water also has flavored water and I like the grape. Sometimes I get tired of drinking the Gatorade, especially because of the calories, but other than the flavored waters, which are not carbonated by the way, just light flavored spring water, I do not like "diet" drinks. I drink regular sweet tea if I am out somewhere and want something different.