The Always-popular Compression Hose

potsgirl

I have a pair of compression hose that simply don't do a thing for me and I'm willing to send them out to someone who doesn't have insurance coverage or the financial means to get a pair. I know mine were retail priced at over $100, and they may as well be helping someone else other than sitting in my drawer. I'll check on the particulars, but they're 30-40 mm, waist high, and would fit someone with a body shape similar to mine...5' 8" and a slim build. I also wear a size 11 shoe, but I don't think that'll influence how well they'll work because they are SO TIGHT around my feet.

Please PM me if interested, and I'll supply details.

Have a good one!

Jana

What a nice offer! Those things are SO EXPENSIVE!!! I normally buy mine at the end of the year when I've met my deductible and insurance will pay them. Hope someone can use them!!! If I don't meet my deductible I've paid a small fortune for them and there is a 2 pair per year limit. I usually go through more than 2 pairs per year! I wear the thigh high ones. I'm 6"2 though so getting waist ones to fit is impossible! I wish I fit into the waist high ones. I would think they may be more comfortable.

Brye

Yeah ... I was shopping for shoes on the internet once and ended up on the cross dresser sight. Good thing men need compression hose as well or I would probably be out of luck.

Brye

Hi Dani~

I got mine at a medical supply store with a prescription, where they fit you for the hose. I was wrong about the strength of mine - they're 20-30 mmHg and made by Mediven. They have an open toe, and are a size 2. This means that upper leg circumference right under your rear end should be around 16" - 24.5", your calf should be about 11" - 14.5", and your ankle 7.5 - 8.5". Lastly, your leg length between your foot and right under your rear should be about 28" or over. They made of MediSilk and have more breathability than some other brands.

You're welcome to them if they'd fit you. As I said before, they are waist-high and a decent beige color. PM me if you'd like me to send them to you.

Cheers,

Jana

You all are so sweet---bless your generosity

I am curious about getting the hose for men. I am 5'6, but my legs are quite long. They don't make these things in tall, pout. Great idea getting men's stockings so they stay up better.

BTW, I have 2, 6 foot tall girls, beautiful. Somehow my youngest finds the cutest shoes in size 11--mostly flats, mules, and sandals. Will ask her where she gets them. Wish I had bigger feet to borrow from her--lol

I wonder how tall everyone here is--the taller you are is it harder for the blood to get back up those leg veins?

Becky

Hi Becky,

There was a survey done on people's weight and height that I would guess is still on the boards somewhere. It was very interesting. Perhaps you could do a search or just look back over the older posts.

Were you interested in the hose I have?

cheers,

jana

Becky,

When my daughter was fitted for her stockings, the woman at the medical supply store said that Sigvaris is a brand that they carry that comes in long. My daughter is 5'11', thin with very long legs. She wears a size S2 in the Sigvaris brand. Like Jana's brand, these are for thigh length of over 28". You might want to give this brand a try.

~ dakota