Muscle Weakness & Sob

dizzygirl

For some time now I've been having a doosey of a time with sudden and prfound muscle weakness, that will land me down in bed until it passes (generally 2-3 days). while I have the sudden muscle weakness I have really bad shortness of breath as well, and just a general feeling that i'm working harder to breath, even just laying in bed let alone trying to get up and move.

just wondering if anybody has any pointers or if this is a common dysautonomia thing?

just wondering if anybody has any pointers or if this is a common dysautonomia thing?

I feel like this when I have bradycardia my kids can get like this when they either have a lower than normal HR or when their HR is being very irregular. Have you noticed an change in your HR when you feel like this?

Whilst you symptoms don't sound exactly like a condition that a friend has it would be worth getting it checked out. Myasthenia Gravis causes muscle weakness. My friend takes mestinon to treat her Myasthenia. Hopefully you haven't got that but worth getting checked for it. Another thought is electrolyte probs - low potassium can cause weakness and even episodes of paralysis, next time you have an episode get your bloods checked whilst you are weak (probably easiest to go to the ER).

Hope you get some answers soon,

Flop