Books About Pots??

sj75

I only know of two books, both by Dr. Blair Grubb. They are The Fainting Phenomenon and Syncope: Mechanisms and Management. I have never personally read them. They might be more technical than what you are wanting for your family.

Have you seen the DINET documentary? It has been very helpful for people's family members to watch and understand what those of us with POTS go through on a daily basis. You can watch the trailer for the documentary and purchase it from this page: DINET Documentary.

Rachel

There is a member who is on the facebook POTS group who is working on a book about POTS... I am unsure when it is going to be out (or even the title right now... darned brain fog), but I'll see if I can't find some more information and post it here.

POTS, Together We Stand: Riding the Waves of Dysautonomia, written by Judi Epstein Rhum, should be released this spring.

NDRF has their full handbook, which I own in hardback, available for free as chapter by chapter PDF downloads. The book is co written by Dr. David Goldstein (from NIH) and NDRF's founder, Linda Smith. You can find it here:

http://www.ndrf.org/NDRFHandbook.htm

Nina

This reminds me of the time I asked at the bookstore and they couldn't find anything. They couldn't even spell it. XD

How disheartening to be so small...!

If I wasn't so busy with the fiction, maybe I could write something. But then it would be in a more amused, slightly hilarious voice.

"Most POTS patients find it hard to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night, because trying to get up out of the bed is not unlike unbeaching a whale. They flail their arms and legs, which in turn only increases their rapid heartrate more, and causes them exhaustion to the point they have to make a difficult decision: is it better to pee or not to pee?"

Yeah.

There is also a book out about Mitral Valve Prolapse Syndrome, which I'm pretty sure is the same thing as POTS. I have it in my Seattle apt, but can't recall the exact name of it.