I'm Official!!!!

First of all, Dr. Baerman is awesome! He actually spent the time to listen to my history and list of complaints... then he spent almost 10 minutes just checking my pulse and BP, both sitting and standing (and back and forth a few times). Though he isn't overly friendly, he is very meticulous, I can tell that he really cared, and wanted to do everything to help me start feeling better. He also isn't going to order a ttt, since as he said, that's used for diagnosis, and he has already diagnosed me. After he went over my vitals and history, he wrote POTS down on the workup sheet... I almost started laughing with relief and joy, because I know how much of a battle some of you have had in getting diagnosed... Plus, I am relieved that this is official... this is the beginning of the end of the darkness! Though I'm sure in a few days I won't be so thrilled being diagnosed with a potentially very debilitating disease, I am glad that I know.. Knowing is half of the battle.

I was sent to have an echocardiogram, because my GP heard a heart murmer in the past (he listened carefully, and said that he didn't hear one), and I was told that my heart, at least structurally, should be in a text book, because it looks so great.

Again, I am glad (for the most part.. :D ) to now be officially a part of this autonomically dysfunctional family!!!!!!

First of all, Dr. Baerman is awesome! He actually spent the time to listen to my history and list of complaints... then he spent almost 10 minutes just checking my pulse and BP, both sitting and standing (and back and forth a few times). Though he isn't overly friendly, he is very meticulous, I can tell that he really cared, and wanted to do everything to help me start feeling better. He also isn't going to order a ttt, since as he said, that's used for diagnosis, and he has already diagnosed me. After he went over my vitals and history, he wrote POTS down on the workup sheet... I almost started laughing with relief and joy, because I know how much of a battle some of you have had in getting diagnosed... Plus, I am relieved that this is official... this is the beginning of the end of the darkness! Though I'm sure in a few days I won't be so thrilled being diagnosed with a potentially very debilitating disease, I am glad that I know.. Knowing is half of the battle.

I was sent to have an echocardiogram, because my GP heard a heart murmer in the past (he listened carefully, and said that he didn't hear one), and I was told that my heart, at least structurally, should be in a text book, because it looks so great.

Again, I am glad (for the most part.. :D ) to now be officially a part of this autonomically dysfunctional family!!!!!!

Aww, I am happy for you! I understand what a difference it makes having a good/understanding Dr and getting the diagnosis is half the battle!! I can only hope I have such a positive outcome myself soon!!! Really pleased for you! :angry:

Welcome to official status! I suppose it is a mixed blessing but it is always nice to have a more tangible and pinned down explanation and have acknowledgment and treatment options opened up from professionals. I wish you the best. I was just given official POTS diagnosis recently too.

Lauralulu, I'll be praying for a similar outcome with your cardiology appointment, too.

Erik, yes, it is kind of a mixed blessing, but I look at it like this... I would still be having symptoms whether I'm diagnosed or not. At least now, there are treatments that can help with the symptoms, and help me be able to be somewhat more active. I might even wake up before 9:30 some time soon (well, I did wake up really early this morning, but it's kind of hard to sleep with really bad back pain).

Yes this is a double blessing!!! A whole new meaning come to the expression, "Bless this Mess." Now with me the mess is me and I have a name to what is wrong with me. Althought weekly more and more dx keep stacking up and making more sense of this big old puzzle. I wish you nothing but the best of treatment and now that you have found yourself with the BIG DX.

xxx's

Bellamia~

Seems kind of weird to say "congratulations" for something like this, but just having a name for it and an "official" diagnosis is half the battle. At least you're not still in the "it's all in your head" stage of the process. That right there is worth a few smiles.

:D:angry::P

I called my good friend after my appointment, and he said, "Congratulations... I think?"... to which I responded that it was indeed a time for congratulation... Again, it is worth quite a few smiles... and if I had the energy, I would be doing a happy dance.

B) Welcome! Now its official. Its not all in your head...yay!!!!!!!!!!!! Now the real fun starts. Hopefully you will be able to find some meds that help you feel your best nice and quick!

Kelli

The treatment, so far, hasn't helped so much, though I know I need to give it at least a couple more weeks before I call it failed. I hope that after a little while, it will start helping. I've been put on 25mg of metoprolol succinate XR, and though my pulse isn't racing as much (it's down about 7-10 bpm) when I stand, I feel even more presyncoptic. My ears also ring like crazy more often when I stand. I am unsure if it's just not helping the POTS, or if it's side-effects. Hopefully soon enough I'll know.

It takes time and a whole lot of patience!!! I've had so many medication adjustments over the last 2 years. I'm not sharing that to be discouraging but if the 1st option isn't quite right there are so many combos that can be tried so try not to get discouraged!!

Brye