High Pulse Pressure

Hi all,

I've searched the forum for 'pulse pressure' topics and I only found 'narrow pulse pressure'. I am wondering if anyone has a wide difference between diastolic and systolic bp. My resting pulse pressure is always between 60 and 80. If you search the internet it suggests this is a serious situation??

thanks,

Jane

I just read the Wikipedia site and you need to talk to your doctor about it. Print out some of the articles on the internet, you might look in google's scholar section to do your search since anything written by a professional will have more influence with a doctor. I don't know how many doctors are familiar with using pulse pressure as a diagnostic tool, I use to complain about low pulse pressure and even was documented as having it but no one seemed want to investigate it.

Hi Jane,

If I'm understanding you correctly, the 'normal' range for your Systolic/Diastolic numbers should be about 40 points. As in 120/80. I think there are several on this site that also have narrow pulse point ranges, including myself, where I'm normally around 75/62 when I stand. It'll usually make you feel worse...But yes, ask your doctor.

Cheers,

Jana

Hi Jane,

If I'm understanding you correctly, the 'normal' range for your Systolic/Diastolic numbers should be about 40 points. As in 120/80. I think there are several on this site that also have narrow pulse point ranges, including myself, where I'm normally around 75/62 when I stand. It'll usually make you feel worse...But yes, ask your doctor.

Cheers,

Jana

Yes, the normal should be about 40. My bp is usually about 105/45. There is always at least a 60 point difference between the 2.

Jane