Bright Red Palms While Exercising

Stormie74

I have POTS and am gradually working on increasing my time on the treadmill at the gym. I've been working on the weight machines too, slowly increasing weights in hopes of "decreasing my own weight." :P

I notice when I'm on the treadmill that the palms of my hands turn a bright red, and it takes a few minutes for them to return to normal.

Any idea what's up with that?

I'm only walking 6 or 7 minutes right now... doesn't seem like much, but it is a huge improvement for me.

Yes, that happens to me as well. My body tells me when I've had enough!

I am up to 8 minutes myself on walking. Then I get that dizzy, lightheaded feeling and have to stop.

It happens to me whenever I stand up. My hands and feet turn red and almost purple with white spots. The doctors say it's from blood pooling. The veins also swell up in my wrist and around my ankles. If I raise one hand over my head for 5 seconds, it goes back to white. Put the two hands together and you'd swear it was two different people. Of course the problem is not that the blood is building up in your hands and feet, the problem is you are losing blood and therefore oxygen to your brain.

I've noticed my hands get purple and cyanotic looking when I work out. I'll be checking out my palms tomorrow now to see. Interesting observation!!

Brye