Looking For Some Exercise Buddies

scarfgirl

I started a Yahoo group this morning for this (to see if I could.) I belong to several Yahoo groups and they have "exclusive" memberships (you have to be admitted after an invite, and no one else can see/read it.) The details are in another post here titled Fitness group. The group is DYSfitness on Yahoo groups. The cool thing is that it emails all the members once another posts, so we can get the accountability from those of us who really want to do this. PM me or email me if you want to join, I'm keeping it restricted to DINET members only (i'm a bit of a privacy nut :D ) This is a great idea, so many exercise programs fail because of lack of accountability. If I have someone that I have asking how i did that week or just telling me what they've achieved, or even telling me it's OK because I couldn't get out of bed for a week, I know that I will be more willing to keep going. I'm aiming for a five pound fat loss and the ability to walk at 4 miles an hour for more than 90 seconds (my current record.)

I have tried to invite everyone that I have email addresses for, so if you have emailed me in the past and did not get an invite AND want to join the exercise group, please let me know. I sent out a bunch of invites this morning, but they didn't go out because i did not know how to send them. Like I've said before, I'm a techno-idiot! :D If you want to get in on the group, PM me or email me. I'm at the in-laws so it might take me a day or two. But lucky for me: they have a treadmill!!!! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't meant to start this thread and then just drop out. Internet is a little dodgy in this neck of the woods.

Is the Yahoo group thing something everyone's doing, or are people still wanting other alternatives?

My Facebook profile is here if anyone wants to be my buddy there (for exercise, or just for the heck of it, I could use penpals while I'm stuck in the boonies)

My e-mail address is here.

I fell off the wagon for a few days, but got right back on despite a bad case of Holiday Blues. Go me!

I'm definitely in... and need buddies to push me. I've never been one to feel good after exercise - always just worn out (even when I was in great shape). I know I need to do it though. I always at least walk the dog, but some weights would be great. I get super dizzy doing yoga, so my mom gave me a qi gong DVD for christmas (all upright!) which I'm excited to try! I'm with those of you who want to lose lbs... ever since I started all the meds I can't seem to shed weight!

I'd be interested in a Facebook group still. I just can't get into the Yahoo groups. If anyone is interested in Facebook, I started a group ... link at:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=app_23...id=213495911639

There isn't anything there yet but a blank page, but if people are interested I'll help get it started! :)

I've been super thin my whole life and now have a huge muffin top and have gained about 20 pounds since starting the darn meds last summer. Even now that I'm off everything but the beta blocker, it's sticking to me. Of course, I'm not trying to lose now since I'm preggers, but I really am trying to get fit and help build muscle in my legs especially.

I'm interesting in finding work out buddies!

I have gained about 100 pounds since being diagnosed with POTS in 2006...which does not seem to be the case with many of you all on this forum?

I use to run a lot and exercise a lot before being diagnosed with POTS.

I now can do minimal before getting tired and then the chest pains for days

following a 10 minute recumbant bike ride or a light swim in a heated pool.

I would love to be a part of a group of individuals who understand some limitations in

regards to exercise ;)

Happy New Year!

Kris :o