Raynaud's Question And Question About Ghosts

Kitsakatsa

I was dxd with Raynauds secondary to POTS a few years ago, but I have been having wierd problems in the last week.

I have one finger that is worse than the rest and one hand that is worse than the other. Of that arm, my finger tips, joints, and elbow hurts. Of the lesser arm, my shoulder hurts. Is this normal for Raynauds? It is not debilitating pain, but is achy and a total annoyance. My shoulder feels that I just had surgery. Its enough to make me kind of an oscar the grouch.

Also, I wonder if anyone has developed a rash from our POTS meds? I have a rash on my back that comes and goes and looks like little cat scratches. It does not itch or burn. There are no red spots, just scratches and the skin feels dry. I was watching something scary a little while ago and they mentioned ghosts can scratch you, so I'm really scared about that! I don't think they can scratch you, but I do sleep on my stomach. I would really feel alot better if someone had this rash. I don't want ghosts in my house!

Okay, that's enough info to get me into a psych ward.

If anyone has any ideas, I'd love to hear them (not scary ones)

Thanks,

Kits

I went through a slow "molting" phase my first time on fludrocortisone. I think I see that in your signature lines. I've heard of rash responses to that. Is that a possibility? It seems like some of these dysautonomia meds can have skin side effects, like making the skin extra sensitive... so maybe a really mild scratch (like just from some clothing) could have turned into something looking worse. I know one med I took warned of extra sun sensitivity too.

If there are ghosts, they are not necessarily bad or hurtful. Just be at peace with yourself and a ghost cannot harm you. Focus on good things and friends and how much of a blessing it is to be granted the gift of life. Acknowledging that miracle is very warming to the soul.

As to the ghosts, my guess is that they don't have fingernails.

http://i-love-cartoons.com/snags/clipart/C...endly-Ghost.php

On the other hand, I think this is a real tourist attraction so maybe they do:

http://www.ghosthounds.com/modules.php?nam...pic&p=48338

It does however sound sort of pleasant.

In all seriousness, I'm sure that the scratches are not caused by a ghost and you will eventually have a better idea of what is causing the marks -- but it may take time to figure out what it is.

Guest tearose

What ever have you been doing in your sleep? :)

Could you possibly have gotten twisted up in your pj's and that is what caused the arm ache and scratches?

I too have Raynauds and do have issues with separate fingers at times. Haven't a clue to your arm though...

I can't speak to the rash but could it be an allergic rash?

Sometimes we put things together and they are separate.

As for the ghosts: I do believe in Spirit. I believe only our personal fear brings forth things that make us feel in danger. If you have any issues that are "haunting" you, then address them and you won't fear Spirit.

best regards,

tearose

Hey Kits,

I, too, have really severe Raynaud's- worse in one finger. I've even been hospitalized for 3 days when that finger turned purplish/black. The best guess that I got as to WHY one finger was affected more so than others was from my neuro. He guessed that I had an excess of fibrin in that finger. The BEST help that I got for my severe Reynaud's was from blood thinners- quite unorthodox. I was on IV anticoagulants for a few days, then plavix, now 81mg of aspirin a day. My finger no longer turns purple. I had previously tried all of the traditional meds to no avail.

Us Reynaud's patients also have connective tissue issues- could account for the rest of your aches and pains. I always have a shoulder "out" and aching. I bet the aspirin helps with that too.

Ghosts- I believe due to personal experience, BUT, like Eric, I am at peace & unafraid. I talk to mine :) I am sure that your scratches are from something more benign. If you are like me, I always have scratches and bruises that I don't remember getting. I'm just clumsy. I'm sure that's more likely.

Hugs-

Julie

Ok...the topic of ghosts....I've had a couple of unrelated experiences that make me kinda go "hmmm....", but like others have said, I'm rather at peace with the idea of some things being unexplained. Doesn't bother me and I have no great need to pursue any particular avenues. However, I wanted to bring up another question regarding the similar topic of "near death" experiences.

We know that often, when I am in a deep sleep, my blood pressure and heart rate plummets. Often, when this happens, I know it because I dream I'm passing out. This happened back in the late summer and took out the hearing in my right ear. Ok...very often, when I'm dreaming the "passing out" dreams, they're followed or part of a dream where I'm with people who've died. My grandmother constantly. Not bad dreams at all...very comforting dreams in which these departed loved ones let me know that they are there and waiting for me. Are these instances of lost loved ones contacting me in my dreams, or is this just part of the well documented "near death" experience where people report having a departed loved one waiting to help them through? Is this just part of what our brains do when low on oxygen? I don't know, and I really don't care...they're comforting dreams and if anything, they've led me to have very little apprehension about the experience of dying.

Raynaud's typically affects the distal parts of the body furthest away from the heart (fingers, toes, ears, nose). It is more likely that the pains further up your arms are something different - a connective tissue problem as someone has already mentioned is a possibility. I would have your dr check you out, maybe a rheumatologist could shed some more light on the aches and pains. Physiotherapy may help.

Skin scratches - I have had phases where my skin has been extra-sensitive and I have got scratched from rubbing with a bathtowel or rubbing against the sheets at night. Might be worth trying a greasy-moisturising lotion before going to bed.

Flop

Some of this stuff is such a mystery!

Then there is always the battle- should I mention it to the doc, should I not, does it make me sound hypo...

I do think I have a guardian angel (or two, three) that might get in the way of any scratchy ghosts. I hope anyway. They just look so strange, I was almost wondering if it was a Niacin rash because I've been doubling up on that for the last few days. I consulted Dr. Google enough to know it is not scabies or shingles. Beyond that, I don't know.

I splurged on a space heater and it is helping with some of the pain, shivvering was not helping and Utah has been hit with some very cold temps.

I did have a funny dream once about my grandmother who has passed on. We think my grandfather (who died young of results of a mine explosion) had POTS. So I always think that he and my grandmother are helping me. But anyway. She was sitting in her kitchen and I asked her what would make me get better from POTS. She said that the answer was in that cupboard behind the glasses and pointed to a cupboard. I, of course, woke up opening the cupboard. I asked my mom what was in that particular cupboard behind the glasses and she said "I know!".........The brandy!!! LOL! Perhaps!

Kits

Have you heard of a tick borne illness called Bartonella - my daughter has it - she has marks that look like a combination of stretch marks and scratchs on her sides. Do you live in an area that has a lot of deer ticks? Her neurologist thinks I might have it to and that it possibly caused my POTS....

Yes! Mountains of Utah. I will have to look into that. Thank You.

We have deer ticks and they can cause so many wierd problems. In fact every year we hear "just rip it out because if you burn them, they'll cack up the toxic stuff into your skin" and then we hear the opposite next. It a wonder more people don't have tick related problems!

I'm happy to report that I've not been visited by any spirits in the last two nights, that I know of. I was missing chocolate eggnog taffy out of my advent calendar, but then I sleep eat and if ghosts eat that stuff then I'm going to make a million dollars on a movie script!

Thank you everyone for your replies!

RAYNAUDS, I've got that wicked bad and 6 yyears ago pain in the shoulder area and arm turnned into a frozen sholder (ouch) it froze to the point of needing me knocked out uner anesthesia and the dr oing a manipulitation. THEN about 2 years ago my pinky and ring finger went numb along with the rest of the arm. I thought all of this would go away if I would just go to bed and wake up refreshed. NOT! Several weeks later I found out I had cubital tunnal syndrome, now my whole hand fingers hurt BAD!!!! I HAVE CUBITAL'S COUSIN, CARPLE TUNNEL NOW in both hands.(part of my neuropathy)

:blink: my house has been known to be haunted. water would turn on by self & I lived with a plummer who this scared the crap out of. along with mirrors falling off the wall glass side up and not breaking. nails falling out of the wall that we would have just hammered in. things would be moved or missing. got so bad my ex would not talk about it he was so scared. I thought it was fun.

now the rash, i've had small pimples on my back after starting some of these meds... then i must scratch them in my sleep. they gave me cortisone cream for them, but i can't reach them so i'll have my nurses put in on now.

BY THE WAY, aliens love to scratch you when your sleeping as they love hotsie potsies.

set your video camera as a motion detector, and catch them in action.lol!

good luck~

a very tired bellamia~

Don't believe in aliens, but nice try. About the mirror and stuff- wow! I would be so out of there!

I have those lovely clonodine hallucinations in the night though and one time I saw a coral angel. It was awesome. Got to love the side effects of some of these POTS meds! Most of us have been beaten up emotionally just getting diagnosed and then finding and keeping a good doctor. Then add the experimental meds in and by the time you get to the crazy side effects you wonder if you are actually the same person you started out as! I guess ghosties are the least of our worries huh!

Kits