Married Women And In Relationships

lissy

Help at home  

70 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I am 34 and have been married for 3 years. My Husband works full-time with 6am starts. I currently work about 5 hours per week (when I can) but before I fell ill I worked 25-30 hours per week. My Mother comes to stay for a night once a month or so and helps with the housework etc, she would no doubt help more often but my parents live 3 hours away. My Husband doesn't really help with the housework etc but he is very supportive in many other ways.

My boyfriend is an English teacher at a high school, so his hours are pretty reasonable and he gets quite a bit of time off during the year - especially during the summer. I try to make my doctor's visits and tests during the days he has off so I know I'll probably make it there.

Cheers!

My husband is self employed and I think he works way more than 40 hours a week :) When I am better I participate quite a bit in his projects pulling 16 hour shifts sometimes if we have a busy project. I had a relapse few weeks back for about a week, not I am mostly stable (bad morning yesterday), so if I stay stable I will go back to work for him. Thankfully I am not that bad most of the time to not be able to do housework...

My husband works for the US post office as a city carrier. He works full time-----but has overtime on and off quite a bit, so it's very hard on him because of my limitations. I used to work full time unitl 2001, and had to stop due to limitations getting worse. I tried to find part time employment in late 2003/2004, but all interviews were for fulltime for the type of work experience I have experience in. I worked for over 22 years, and for 11 years of our marriage I carried really good medical benefits. My husband's job provides good medical benefits, so thankfully we still have coverage.

My husband is thinking about going back to school for his Master's degree in Finance. He has his bachelor's degree in Accounting, but the post office pays more then an entry level accountant. However, with the economy in the shape it's in, and everyone paying bills on line, the mail volume is going down.

Although my husband has been with the post office almost 16 years, so hopefully he would not be laid off. Technically 18 years if you count the time he was a TE/transitional employee. HE became a regular city carrier in 1994. My husband is more of less preparing for the possibility of traditional mail delivery being stopped.

Maxine :0)

• 3 years later...

I am a single mother. I have a boyfriend who works part time and goes to school full time but we don't live together. He does help me when he can. I have a four year old, I am a full time graduate student with a full time job and a part time job. My ex husband is in the military so he leaves for long periods of time but when he is home I have every other weekend to rest while he has our four year old. The stress of the last two weeks of the semester usually cause me to experience extreme fatigue that takes a long time to recover from. I do not have health insurance right now but my EP is great and treats me for free when I need something.