Normal Test Results:)

villen

hi everyone:)

Had an appointment at a new cardiologist the other day. My symptoms are similar to IST, POTS and anxiety!! He did all the tests: stress test, echo, 24 hour holterreg., 24 hour blood pressure, resting EKG, etc. They all came back normal, even if I felt like like crap all the time! My heart is fine, he said:) My blood pressure were pretty low most of the time: 100/60, but also some spikes during the day, under activity and so (he said thats normal for young women to have low bp, but my normal is 120/80) he also suggested that I reduced my bb-dose, as I get very tired and weak leg muscles. Its like they are really heavy and start to burn very easily, and makes it hard to function. I am now on appr.75 mg, Atenolol, and I still have lots of symptoms. I asked him if my heart would handle to cut down on the dosage, and he was like "of course" I guess i should trust that. He said that I would probably get more tachy, but that it will come down...and that I had to do it gradually. I have taken a little less betablocker today, but havent noticed much difference. I just hope I will feel a little better and not so tired and achy!

Anyone else have good experiences from reducing the betablockers? Are there many who cannot tolerate bb?

Hve a good day!:)

Villen

Do you like these results? Do you feel normal? If so, GREAT! Glad the BB's are working! I'm used to being annoyed at my results that come back normal, hah!

It helps to have these tests to be reassured that it is "only" POTS and there is not a structural or rhythm problem also involved. Peace of mind means a lot! :)

BB's never work that well for me. While it does help to reduce my hr during times I have exceptionally high hr, it also lower my bp to the point that I feel a little (more) faint. Most of the time the trade off doesn't seem worth it -- to me. Everyone is different and for some people with POTS bb really help greatly.

Ditto to what was said here-- those tests will rule out other things, but none of the them diagnose, confirm or deny POTS or NCS. That would require a tilt table test.

thanks for the replies, guys. I don`t think its very important for me to take a tilt table test, as I know that I have orthostatic intolerance, based on my symptoms. The most important thing for me was to be reassured nothing wrong with my heart/that all the symptoms was straining it. I want to reduce my bb to see if it might reduce my symptoms, improvce my shape, because I ve been on a too high dose for a long time I guess. The tachy is a little worse now, but my legs feel a little stronger. But it certainly isn`t easy...

have a good weekend:)

Vanessa