And the answer is: gastroparesis

MightyMouse

Guest Mary from OH

Nina-

I've got to get back to you on the Motility Centers for Adults. My mind is blanking (what else is new!!). I'm readily familiar with the pediatric centers because of my daughter, but I do know there are centers for adults, although even fewer of them. Yes, the testing is brutal. Actually the cleanout is the worst part!! But, it gives you such a wealth of info!! I will call my GI office and find out where the adult centers are!!

;) My brain will never kick in by itself!!

Guest Mary from OH

Nina-

I called my daughter's GI office. They weren't really much help!! LOL! I'm not sure if they're calling me back or not. But, I found 2 centers for you. I don't know what state you live in.

They are in CA. One is in LA, CA - Cedars-Sinai.

www.csmc.edu/2572.html

The other is Memorial Care, also in CA, with many offices.

www.memorialcare.org

Also, If you email the person at tehr American Motility Society, they should be able to give you center close to you. The email is admin@motilitysociety.org.

I would also recommend calling the IFFGD, their # is (888)964-2001. You can also give them your state and let them know you want to have an adult motility testing site and they should be able to help you. Also I would call your GI back and give them the names of the tests I gave you and ask if they know WHO can give them to you.

Hope this helps!!

Take care.

:)

Thanks guys. No, I definitely did not have that particular study...sounds gruelling! :)

California is pretty far to go, I'm near Philly--and Temple is close (and is also where I go to graduate school).

Nina