Burning Face

lifesaver

A new symptom has appeared. I will be calling my neuro tomorrow.

My face will feel like the skin is burning. At first it only happened with severe headaches. It is starting this new behavior without the headache. Glad I don't have the headache with it, but it still stinks. There is an ache behind my eyes though and I hope it doesn't go full on into another monster headache. There is some mild edema in my face, but that has become a pretty normal occurrence.

My neuro appt is not until Dec 28 when she will have all my test results figured out and be able to tell me what the is going on with my body. I am not doing too well with the waiting part.

Becky

I was getting the burning face pretty bad last year and also the burning mouth syndrome. Most of it subsided as I worked on serious muscle relaxation for my face and particularly with my mouth. Turns out I was tongue bracing without realizing it. Once I was able to release those muscles the burning seemed to subside. Though could have been coincidence because I was also adjusting thyroid meds at the same time too!