Fighting With Uncontrollable Full-body Muscle Spasms And Cramps

tjanzing

Do any of you ever have full-body muscle spasms and cramps? I've had it happen twice this week...not on any meds for a few days for testing....it seems to be prompted by extreme fatigue or by the cold. I don't lose consciousness but spasm from the neck down and the cramping is terrible. I get through it by having my husband put heat on as much of me as we can....then eventually the muscles will uncramp and I'm exhausted.

Hi Tessie.I had spasms sometimes but i wouldn't call them severe.It is scary though when it happens!Have you been checked for epilepsy?Or have recently been vaccinated for the flu?I am having tests at the moment to see if its epilepsy.Doctors still haven't decided what it is.They just said that they might be autonomic seizures.

I hope you're feeling better.Take care

I suppose electrolyte imbalance of some sort could make one more prone to this. It could tie in to breaking from meds for testing, like Pat alludes to. I guess one would be sure to supplement water with a stable supply with your electrolyte drinks of choice... and if possible spot check electrolytes with a blood test (perhaps your testing is including this already?).

The physician thought it might be from withdrawal from Klonopin but it continued after withdrawal was over. Seems to be some kind of autonomic seizure but it I'm careful and don't push myself so hard it doesn't happen. Am grateful for that! They haven't checked of epilepsy yet but I'm wondering if I am having a similar kind of seizure to the ones my daughter has...Thanks everyone!