normal test results

Radha

just wanted to share how frustrating it is when you feel so terrible and blood tests come back normal, i know i shouldnt doubt myself, i know how sick i am, and its just that they are not testing for the right thing, but still its frustrating when things come back normal and we feel so very far from normal! and i hate telling relatives that they are normal, i know i shouldnt care what they think, but when you have physical proof of whats wrong with you, its just more validating, just wanted to share, thanks to all for being so supportive

radha

Guest tearose

Hi radha, I do understand that frustration! It may help to think of the normal test results as confirming the good news that you are not "dying of any disease". I like to say, to those who must know what is happening to me, that I have a "normal response" to an "abnormal condition". I explain that because I cannot hold my blood pressure,(the abnormal condition) the adrenal glands dump a chemical that makes my heart speed up to get oxygen to the brain, (the normal response). That seems to help them understand. And you are correct, you shouldn't care about what people think but you are human and we all like to feel respected and understood. Take care, tearose

Radha,

please don't doubt yourself. You know how you feel. Bloodtests don't always give the right information. I'll give you an example of this. For seven years ago my familydoc called me and told me the results of my bloodtest came out that I was on menopause I asked him he was sure and yes he definately was. In my last bloodtest with my endocrinologist HE told me my blood was okay so I asked him: how about menopause and he told me I was definately NOT in menopause. My periods last for three weeks, then stop for a week, then start for two weeks, then stop for three months and are really not "normal" any more. So when everything is okay why am I having all this trouble? I'm trying not to care anymore and just let it happen. Although it's very uncomfortable there are worse things in the world. Wish you the best,

Corina

I agree that you shouldn't doubt yourself. Who knows your medical situation better than you do? I try to explain to my family that most of my tests are "normal" because nothing is BROKEN....my autonomic system just FUNCTIONS improperly and that doesn't show up on most tests. They seem to understand better. I think that we keep hoping that we will stumble upon THE test that will explain why this condition is happening to us and that once that test is found, there will be a simple treatment plan to help us be cured. Unfortunately, medical research isn't there yet.

Radha,

I know it's really frustrating to get negative test results of any kind. You are obviously not well, and I'm glad you are getting some tests done now. Think of it this way, a negative test is one less thing that's wrong with you and it narrows the things that are left to rule out.

By the way, I think one of the articles that briarrose had posted last week mentioned a dr. near Syracuse that had done some research on low blood volume. Thought you might be interested.

Good luck,

Rita