Poll On Work Schedule

delphicdragon

What's your work schedule like  

74 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest tearose

Thank you for doing this poll. I tried to manage and work for many years and can no longer work. I miss the many rewards that come from work. The stimulation, the challenge, the joy, people, income...

I am now a POTS "old timer" I suppose. I struggle to just manage my body there is hardly enough time in the day to much else.

While I do work f/t, it definitely is the case that POTS impacts me significantly. Even on a slow day at work, I use up all I've got and am completely exhausted when I get home. If I didn't have such great support at home from Teri most of the time (except with the work travel interferes), I'd never be able to continue doing this.

Nina

I realized I could teach other people's children or raise my own...I couldn't do both. That was three years ago.

I am worse now then when I first got sick and wonder if it is due to the fact I didn't know what was wrong and kept pushing harder Duh! I still can't believe i WAS MAKING MYSELF DO JUMPING JACKS. I would get so upset that I could only do a few!

Good survey... I feel a little less alone about not working... I still feel weird guilt about it!

I know what you mean about the guilt of not working! I've been off work for 2 months now, and have to decide by end of December whether I can do my job or not (RN at children's hospital). I feel like everyone is going to think I'm a wimp, can't handle anything, trying to get out of working, etc. I WISH I could do it! I love my job! When I have some good moments I think maybe I can go back to work, but hours (or minutes!) later, I feel too sick to think about going back... this POTS is so frustrating...

It's good to go on the dinet forum and read the posts of others who have the same struggles as I do... it's saving my life! I appreciate you all SOOOO MUCH!!!

I haven't worked since June of this year and feel guilty every single day that I am not working. My family and friends don't understand why I don't just get up and work. Oh, if only it was that simple. I simply tell them to count in a day every single time they stand and then to cut that number down by about 3/4 and see how much they get accomplished. Or to read The Spoon Theory. Either one will show them what we are up against.

Thanks for doing this. I feel a little less guilty about sitting on my couch for most of the day now!

I've been off work since the end of July when I got sick. (Post-op infection and Mono). I work PRN in a hospital as a physical therapist so am on my feet 10 hours a day, lifting patients all day. For a long time I couldn't even think about trying to walk to my office without getting short of breath just thinking about it. Now I'm thinking maybe I can do some PRN work for at least half days. They can call me in the morning and if I'm having a good day, I might be able to do a few hours. On my bad days, I'm afraid I'd end up on the floor with the patients!

I also was teaching yoga 3 mornings a week before I got sick. Now the combination of standing or walking along with trying to talk makes me incredibly short of breath.

I'm really frustrated by all this! I loved both of my jobs and got a lot of rewards from working. I can't even contemplate the idea that I might not be able to get back to them, at least not at this point. That would really be depressing!

I've been off work since the end of July when I got sick. (Post-op infection and Mono). I work PRN in a hospital as a physical therapist so am on my feet 10 hours a day, lifting patients all day. For a long time I couldn't even think about trying to walk to my office without getting short of breath just thinking about it. Now I'm thinking maybe I can do some PRN work for at least half days. They can call me in the morning and if I'm having a good day, I might be able to do a few hours. On my bad days, I'm afraid I'd end up on the floor with the patients!

I also was teaching yoga 3 mornings a week before I got sick. Now the combination of standing or walking along with trying to talk makes me incredibly short of breath.

I'm really frustrated by all this! I loved both of my jobs and got a lot of rewards from working. I can't even contemplate the idea that I might not be able to get back to them, at least not at this point. That would really be depressing!