Great Article On Ms Research - Breakthrough

mvdula

mvdula-

Very exciting indeed. It seems to revolutionize the way MS will be thought of and treated. All it took was a dedicated doctor, ****-bent on "fixing" his spouse. Some of the best autonomic docs are also similarly personally affected. It certainly installs a level of passion and empathy that is all too often absent.

Bravo to this doc! I applaud his ability to think outside of the box.

Julie

I had found this forum in MS this past summer when I was soooo heat intolerant and wondering why people can be so heat intolerant. Of course, MS patients are just that, even though I don't think I have MS by any means. Anyway, it was all so interesting to read about Dr. Dake at Stanford and his taking Zamboni's methods and applying them here in the States.

http://www.thisisms.com/forum-40.html

There was one woman who had the surgery in May(?) and immediately was not heat intolerant anymore!!! Other patients that have had their surgeries since last late spring have posted threads to let people know of their progress. I usually go to the site once a week since last summer to read up on their progress.

You never know what could be the cause for dysautonomia, that's for sure!!! Who would have ever thought that circulation could be at the root of people with MS??? Now, I don't think they have yet theorized WHY their veins get deformed, but straightening them out has relieved alot of symptoms for some of them.

Of course, EDS seems to be a strong undercurrent for dysautonomia, so maybe kinked jugular veins could be the culprit for us, who knows???

Cool beans. Sounds like a relatively easy fix to a really complicated disorder! We need all of that we can get.

It is really encouraging that after removal of the blockage, things apparently healed up enough for improvement or permanent remission or whatever. If that hadn't happened this theory might have been perfectly valid but looked like a failure (by this method of testing at least). Always relieved to hear mention of neurological things being able to restore themselves.

Sure hope this theory holds up.

Very good article.

I wish my friend could have benefited from this. She had a really aggressive form of MS. She was diagnosed in 1995, and she passed away in Oct. 2002.

I have lesions on my brain suggestive of MS, but I saw an MS doc who ruled it out. However, I still have a lot of the same symptoms. I don't have a lot of confidence in the MS doc. He's local, and most of the local docs here don't know much about POTS, EDS---------and apparently many other things. I've seen too many mistakes, as several docs missed my mothers cancer.

One neurologist failed to see my left vertebral artery was missing, and that I have some other vascular abnormalities with posterior cerebral arteries. NIH noticed this when I had an MRA there. The MRA I had locally said my brain vessles were "exquisite". I told my neurologist to take another look, and she said oops I do see this........ OK, then why did the radiologist miss it. She said he's in his 70s and isn't very good. OK, what else does he miss?

Maxine :0)