Shaking And Stuttering

Elfie

I have been having some symptoms lately that a family member of mine that is fairly well versed in POTS is concerned might be related to someone else. I recently have been having lots of shaking and also been mildly stuttering when I am having a bad time with POTS. Does this happen to anyone else? I was never a shaker or a stutterer before.

Elfie,

Yessss. I do stutter (if the words even come out) and shake when I'm having a bad episode. I get really frusterated because I feel like there is a blockage btw. my brain and the rest of my body. I'll also get a lot of head twitching and my hands and fingers begin to constrict on their own... like I'm sqeezing an invisible stress ball. My only diagnosis is POTS- and I've been tested for everything under the sun.

Tremors and speach problems (most often slurring of words) are symptoms of POTS.

If this is a new symptom for you, check with your doc. just to be sure.

Hope you find some answers and relief,

Maisie

I definitely get the shakiness, and while I usually don't stutter, I get a very 'low' and soft voice when I'm in a bad period. I'm with Maisie - these can be symptoms of POTS, but if they're new, check them out with your doc.

Cheers,

Jana

When I am extra tired, I stutter. I have a hard time getting words out. I inevitably end up calling it Pos...t..s...that's when I know things are not going well.

I feel there is definately a brain connection that does not connect. Sometimes it feels dangerous to do things and drive. Those times always accompany stuttering.

Kits

I've had mysterious very mild stuttering every now and then over the years but not regularly. Hmm.....

Do feel tremulousness, mostly an inside or on-the-verge feeling but sometimes a little tremor becomes visible. I know an adrenaline surge is supposed to make you shaky but for some reason that doesn't often happen to me. I get the tremulousness lately upon waking in mornings or sometimes after exhaustion (post exhaustion makes most sense to me)... but weirdest of all I can get it right after downing a ton of water quickly (and I think I recall always shivering during saline IV's too).

Yes, there are times that I just cant seem to get my words out and I guess I do stutter. I never did this before, but I just spoke to a friend who also mentioned that she has started doing this since having her baby, so I dont know whether for me it is the illness or pregnancy induced brain mush!

And I also feel myself slightly shaky if I have been upright for too long. A little lie down or sleep usually helps with this.