Might Be Going To The Hospital

lifesaver

Hi---gave in and called the neurologist. The pain and tingling in my legs keeps getting worse. I am not sleeping and have some chest pain and my balance/walking area getting worse. Having more trouble with dysautonomia symptoms as well. I am supposed to have the EMG and MRA on Monday, but could not deal with these symptoms for 4 more days.

The neuro's nurse asked if I had ever had IV prednisone before--nope. She is emailing my neuro--out of town or something. And said something about going to the hospital is a pretty intimidating thing.

Needless to say, I am terrified. I don't know what I am facing. The only bright side to this is that it might help with the diagnosis. I have been sick for most of the last 3 years with short breaks when I was less symptomatic.

I am exhausted, and so tired of being sick and not knowing what the disease is that is causing the dysautonomia and sensory ataxia. I had the tingling and leg pain earlier this year but it stopped for a few months. Might be the tegretol I take for Trigeminal Neuralgia.

So far they have ruled out MS--unless they find lesions in the future. There are other disorders that have DYS as a symptom along with my other symptoms. None are good news.

I am rambling--have my things ready for the suitcase just in case I have to go to the hospital. There was clean underwear in my drawer!!! Washing some other things

Asking for your healing thoughts and prayers,

Becky

Becky, I will pray for you! I am sorry that you are in such bad shape but I do want to tell you that a hospital stay in the spring is how I finally got diagnosed! I stayed for a week and that is how I found the wonderful primary care dr I have now.

So as bad as it was, good things happened.

Also PACK LYSOL AND WIPES. I took them with me and I had many nurses tell me how smart that was because of MRSA. Also flip flops for the bathroom.

Sending love and hoping that you find the help you need! kari

deeeeep breath* So sorry you are having such a rough patch right now. The word "hospital" sends a chill through people a lot of times, but think of it as a place where every person in there with a name tag is working together to find answers and make you better. You know that, but sometimes it helps to repeat it to ourselves.

I've also been sick almost three years now, balance and walking getting gradually worse. I'm now unable to walk due to weakness and dizziness. I completely understand your fear and frustration! It's hard to "accept" it and just take it "one day at a time" when we feel we are rapidly getting worse. It breeds a sense of urgency and panic, I get it.

remember You can only do so much, do your best to dump the burden of solving the puzzle onto the doctors.

.. look at that, I ramble too.

healing thoughts and prayers headed your way. good luck and please post again after your tests.

Becky,

Healing thoughts going your way! I understand why you're scared -- I would be, too! But keep in mind that maybe you'll get some answers, and that might make it worth it.

I had tingling in my feet and hands. An MRI ruled out MS, so I was happy about that. But I know how scary it can be.

I hope you feel better soon, and get some answers!

Amy

HUGS to you ~!

I have had the whole MS work up and was monitored for 4 years before they finally ruled it out.. AND.. I do have lesions on the brain..not the typical shape that MS folks get.

BUt whenever my symptoms were bad and got the oral prednisone it may a BIG difference as it helps with inflammation with exaggerated symptoms. You'll be ok...IV pred is just stronger. It can make some hyper and sleep less but man does it help

Good luck..can you write us in the hospital? Some have IV labs in their clinics and can avoid the hospital.

But they may want to just monitor how you're doing.

Keep us informed..

Warmly, Jan

Thank you everyone for all the good thoughts and prayers.

I didn't have to go to the hospital. The nurse might have jumped the gun before talking to the doctor. I will remember the lysol, wipes and flip-flops--hospitals--shiver.

Tomorrow I have blood drawn--not sure what kind of blood tests till then. The neuro also added an MRI of my cervical spine to the brain MRA and EMG on Monday. I had one last October and a rhizotomy on the left c3-4-5-6 facet joints. But Dr R wants another since the tingling and pain are so much worse. Maybe those bulging discs are getting worse or the bone spurs bigger--I have radiculopathy and it has been gettng worse since 1999. Don't you love heredity? I am thankful to have a good doctor who is working on putting all the pieces together.

I am looking forward to Monday's tests--not the pain and noise, but to the hope of getting more answers. So far no hospital, but if it means getting better and getting the diagnosis finalized, I will take my pillow and blankie and do what needs to be done.

HUGS to you all--It is more than good to have support from people who understand,

Becky

Maybe those bulging discs are getting worse or the bone spurs bigger--I have radiculopathy and it has been gettng worse since 1999. Don't you love heredity? I am thankful to have a good doctor who is working on putting all the pieces together.

Bulging discs can DEFINITELY cause numbness and tingling. It happened to my mom. Luckily, hers improved with physical therapy.

I'm glad you like your doctor, and I hope he figures it all out and helps you heal!

Amy