I Guess I Survived The Flu - Just Feeling More Pot-sy And 'dizzy'

iheartcats

I think the Tamiflu helped...my doctor said he'd only been seeing H1N1 so he prescribed it over the phone since my temp was going up and I felt achy plus sore throat.

The flu symptoms were much less than other flu-types I've had but this could've been because of Tamiflu. Or I could have got lucky for once?

Anyway, I'm just really tired and POTSY now. More dizziness and tachy. I've been sleeping in so taking one less dose of Midodrine/Beta Blockers a day, but I don't think that's it. I've slept in before while well and skipped my AM dose and was OK. My tachy usually corresponds to being up. So it's probably just the tail end of recovery.

I do have more of a headache/sinus feelings. :( Hope that goes away. I hate how that can linger after a cold or flu!

My spouse asked if I was well/recovered. It's so hard to tell with POTS but guess I have to start venturing back into a normal routine again! Its been days since a fever, I'm taking my final Tamiflu, and no sore throat/abnormal-not-POTS body aches. So I guess I'll start slow tomorrow. The laundry pile is scary.

I still wonder if I should get an H1N1 shot just in CASE it was a different strain.

And I assume most of you feel POTS symptoms get a bit worse after a cold/flu? I'm sure I got more deconditioned, which is always a bad thing. I did move around as much as I could to get the blood flowing, but not a lot.

Our doctor(s) say yes, get the shot UNLESS you have had tested positive for H1N1, not just type A flu.

As far as flu symptoms, I have heard that H1N1 symptoms are generally milder than "regular" flu. Tamiflu can probably help with that too. Saying that, I have to add we've seen the ugly side of this in our family; my son developed the post viral pneumonia. I am glad you are recovering and are seemingly having no complications.

Anytime I am sick with anything it makes my POTS symptoms worse. A good stomach bug will put me in the hospital. Try to keep your fluids up.

Angela

Thank you! I see my PCP later this week for a follow-up (and I'm hoping they can 'check my lungs' - is that possible? I'm so nervous about the post-viral stuff).

I know people who've had horrible complications from the H1N1 strain, so I'm glad your family made it through.

I am coughing a little, but nothing horrible. I figured the extra POTS stuff was due to the flu. It just is no fun!

I hope I can get the H1N1 Shot, they are still unavailable here.

My son had H1N1 and while the symptoms were milder, the fever was high. Once he got the Tamiflu, he was back to himself within two days. However, he developed a sinus infection post virus. His allergist says that in the kids he's seen post H1N1, ear infections and sinus infections are extremely common. If it persists, get it checked out! I would not think that you would need to get a vaccine IF it was H1N1. If you've had it, you will already have the antibodies for it (like chickenpox.)

My son had H1N1 and while the symptoms were milder, the fever was high. Once he got the Tamiflu, he was back to himself within two days. However, he developed a sinus infection post virus. His allergist says that in the kids he's seen post H1N1, ear infections and sinus infections are extremely common. If it persists, get it checked out! I would not think that you would need to get a vaccine IF it was H1N1. If you've had it, you will already have the antibodies for it (like chickenpox.)

It feels like a sinus infection! I've had these - the runny nose, post-nasal drip, forehead headache. Blerg. I'm going to see my PCP tomorrow but just got off antibiotics. I hope I don't need more. :X

But. A sinus infection over pneumonia? I'll take it. Goodness, it would be worse, right?

I wouldn't panic if you can't get the shot. My doctor said that in the category of those barely functioning (including his POTS patients) he has seen those patients get much worse and debilitated for a period when they received the vaccination. He's recommended no shot for those in that category. He said he's hospitalized too many of them to be comfortable with anyone else getting it. He also said if I decide personally to get it that I should contact the office so they can be aware and keep some appts open. He also said that there is emerging evidence that it has contained within it a live virus that is derived from birds.

Ok, yeah, no thanks.

Its everyone's personal decision with their provider, but he has alot of walking sick patients and I trust his experience. There's not data, its the trend he is seeing in his own patients.

So, I wouldn't necessarily panic or stand in a long line for it. Esp is you feel you've already had it.

Kits