Heart Rate And H1n1 Question

I've been diagnosed with H1N1 today. Yesterday I was sent to the ER for some fluids because I was passing out. They gave me 1 bag of saline and I felt as good as a POTS-y can get for the rest of the night. At 3am today I woke up sick. Bad aches and pain, scratchy throat, really bad cough, fever etc. I went to the doctor and he said that he believes I have the Swine Flu. He can't actually test me for it unless I was in the hospital because of a shortage of test supplies.

Anyway, since Monday, my heart rate has been oddly normal. It's been in the 70's. I have not been taking my beta blocker because of my heart rate being on the normal side but I just don't know what is going on. Every time I am sick with something "big" my heart rate is high, and now it's normal? I'm not complaining but just want to know if this has happened to any of you before?

And how many of you have been hospitalized because of H1N1? I'm kind of scared that something will happen and I will be rushed to the hospital but if I were already there, it would make things easier?

Thanks

I was diagnosed about 5 days ago. I didn't feel that bad, but felt I should go in just in case as I'm asthmatic and on a beta blocker. They gave me Tamiflu and I swear I started feeling better within a few hours of the first dose. It worked really well. I did have a lot of PACs, but I do get them when I'm sick. I never did take my pulse, but I usually get PACs when my heart rate is low, so it's possible that it was low during this illness. The only time I didn't have the extra beats was when I had a fever. Usually my heart rate is higher when I have a fever.

For me, H1N1 was the mildest flu I can remember having. But, I got treatment right away and I'm 46, which my doctor said was advantage. Take care of yourself, keep an eye on your respiratory symptoms and try not worry.

Carolyn

I had a cold lately and my BP got very solid and steadily high... whereas I usually have orthostatic hypotension. When my BP goes high my pulse gets more stable. Even while I was sick, I felt better underneath it and after getting better I've had a run of good days! Is there a chance your BP has gone up? I think that might be normal when sick and sometimes it can account for some pulse stability as the heart doesn't have to compensate for BP problems as much by overdoing it with heart rate (that is one possible cause of tachycardia).