urinary urgency

Radha

do any of you feel like you are going to pee in your pants even when the amount is not that much? i dont get this urgent sensation everyday, it seems to come and go, but its scarey since i cant get up to go myself, i have to wait for someone to help me, other times i can hold it, was wondering if Diabetes Insipidus might be a possibility but it doesnt come everyday, and even though i drink the same everyday, some days the out put is so much and other days, not much, its crazy trying to figure this out! but anyway do any of you know why or what to do about this urgent feeling? thanks

I only get this feeling when I drink my quota of fluids. Which, I admit, is rarely these days- but if I drink 80-90 ounces that day, I have to pee constantly and when I have to go, it's NOW.

I had a lot of trouble with that for a while. It was cleared up after being on cell salts for a few months. Something about the specific gravity of the urine being too light for the body to grab onto to utilize the liquid, so it just kept going straight through the body. (I doubt I explained that very well.) Anyway, somehow that triggered the urgency.

Another thing to consider is the possibility of a very low-grade bladder infection.

Slightly off the topic: I just learned, thanks to my dad's experience, that a severe but unchecked bladder infection can cause pain in other parts of the body. He kept talking about chest and arm pain, and had dribbles instead of a urine stream, but no burning or other obvious symptoms of a bladder infection. Once they found it and put him on strong antibiotics, the other pains went away as well.

I'm not saying this could be the problem you are experiencing, but my wife was just diagnosed with Interstitial Cystitis and it is associated with many of the same syndromes POTS patients have. This explained alot of her problems. Unfortuneately, like with most things concerning this disease, there is not much if anything they can do for it. Some of the sites actually point to things like fibromagalia, CFS, etc. as being related.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/invoke.cfm?id=DS00497

Yep, been there and still visit on occasion. I tried Detrol, only thing it did for me was cramps. Some find it very helpful. And yes, everytime it happens, I get checked for UTI's. Sometimes I wear a Poise pad just to be sure I'm "covered".

I also occasionally "leak" when I sneeze or cough really hard. And like Jessica, when I have to go it's NOW!

Blackwolf