SSDI denial

danelle

Guest Mary from OH

Danelle-

I used to work for BDD. I'm hoping I can help. You got what is called a (if my memory (ha ha) serves me correctly) a vocational denial. You are considered "too young" and able to work a "sedantary" job. In other words, you can't phycially do your old job, but they "think" there are desk jobs you can do, especially because of your education. I AM NOT SAYING I AGREE. This is why I don't work there!!!

One of the problems. POTS doesn't fit into any of their "categories". You can look up their qualifications online. Definately appeal. Make sure that ALL your records from drs were turned in. Make sure that your drs explain how LONG you can SIT, STAND, WALK, etc. And support it with medical evidence. If you pass out frequently, make sure it's documented. If you cannot sit for X amount of minutes without getting up or stand without taking a break or concentrate on one task, etc.... Also, POTS can be approved through "equaling" a listing or sometimes "meeting" a listing for depression or anxiety because of the effects of the disease. Get a lawyer. Appeal. Don't give up. You CAN do it. Please let me know if I can help!!

sorry to hear of your denial - i am 35 - bach. degree - was working on masters) I applied in Jan 2004 - orig denied 5/04- second denial 7/1. saw adm law judge on 8/2? and finally got approved - got check 10/1 applied for dependent ben on the following monday and got their money - 4 days later (crazy huh!!).. i have a lot of good information i would be glad to share - i am exhausted right now and it is hard to type - so i will get with you soon o.k??? it will work out - trust me i know how bad it hurts to think that you have caused your family such financial strain.......

Khudsonwv, How did you get your hearing so soon?? Every attorney I have talked to here (NC) said AFTER my second denial it would be a 16mo-2yr wait for a hearing. WHere do you live?

ANY info you can give me would be very appreciated. I am going to turn in my stuff on Monday. You can email me at my regular email address if you want or you can post on here. I will check both. Thanks

Mary, thanks for the info. I hope that my GP will be willing to do all that but I just don't know. I think she will write a letter for me though. I am still waiting to hear back from her. I would like to share with you what Ihave done so far. I will email it to you if I can(I will attempt) so check your email and let me know what you think. THanks bunches!!

Thanks to everyone else too :D You all are so great!!!! ;):)