Jump to content

Doctors on the west coast?

Recommended Posts

HELP!!! I have had POTS/NCS for 4 years now, and unfortunately each year it has gotten worse. The first 2 years was spent on doctors that would say it was "all in my head". Now, although I do have a diagnosis, I cannot find a doctor that knows about dysautonomia and will treat me! Dr. Grubb has even sent my physician a plan to follow concerning medications if I feel worse, but she won't follow it because she doesn't feel comfortable. I am going to see a doctor in Redmond on thursday that treats someone with dysautonomia, but if anyone knows of other doctors I would love to know! Also I know Ehler's Danlos is connected with POTS patients, and if anyone with EDS has any ideas to help with pain that would be great!

Ashli, OR

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You will find it difficult to find any doctors in this area anywhere on the West Coast. I fly to Ohio to see Dr. Grubb.

I have a primary that follows Dr. Grubb's recommendations (thank God!) I also have a cardiologist here in Portland that diagnosed me and knows a little bit about POTS and Dysautonomia, I know I'm not his only patient. But if you want someone that has a lot of experience with this illness I think you'll need to travel back to the Midwest or East coast.

Feel free to email me if you need more.


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...