Today's Dr. Oz Show

potsgirl

Hello All~

Just wanted to let anyone interested know that on today's Dr. Oz Show Dr. Teitelbaum will be discussing CFS and fibro, along with his "SHINE PROTOCOL". Do I know what that is? Well, no....but I will after I watch the show.

Cheers,

Jana

Tx for the heads up.

I MUST be honest though and wish another doctor was going to be on here. Teitelbaums book YEARS ago suggested some PRICEY things to treat CFS and has really made $$ with his personal agenda...sigh..

Hope to remember the show later today to see how it comes off.

I like it better if doctors aren't selling a CURE...then gain, Dr. Paul Cheney an Early CFS EXPERT was charging $5000 for FIRST office visit about 18 years ago...so once again, if you are poor, you can't afford health care whether it's medical or alternative..but I digress.

I tried the affordable things in Teitalbaums book years ago and they did nothing for me...has some good ideas but nothing is concrete.

especially with fluctuating ANS !

:rolleyes:

Well that was a bust. Some quick segment that glossed over entire issues and I never heard fibro mentioned so turned off after first segment.

...they said it was treatable & causes weight GAIN...not really doctor. I've lost weight after being fat or chubby my entire life!!

sigh...

I don't know about it, but here's a link:

http://www.endfatigue.com/treatment_option...t_protocol.html

The "key points" at least sound like common sense and/or differential diagnosis which is perfectly fine as general advice. Not sure if there is an innovation beyond that in the "custom tailoring" that they offer or deeper in the website.

At least it doesn't seem to involve a 3 day fast, followed by a buffet and an excruciating sauna :)

UGH!! Don't get me STARTED on the Sedona deaths! my sister has done local sweat lodge for years but small amount of people and they pay attention to how you are feeling. argh.

I can't go w/o AC let alone that.

I read Teitelbaums' book years and YEARS ago so excuse my cynicism. Know all about CFS and Fibro...dx with CFS in 1985.

Somebody needs to do AN HOUR on Dysauotnomia...all these tv shows are made for ATTENTION deficit disorder folks. Shame really. Dr. oz is not big on details so don't watch his show much..but I've been studying nutrition and health on my own since 1980...so tend to be enlightened on most things.

I swear I could teach doctors a few things.

Couldn't we ALL !!!!!!!!!!!!

:rolleyes:

I might respond well to the opposite... a "3 day feast, followed by a few hours in a refrigerator"... now that might do something for me!

Perhaps an Alaska Cruise would suffice! :)

When we going? :P

There seem to be "theme cruises" pretty often... maybe an "autonomically heat-intolerant, exercise-intolerant & frequent-small-meal club" cruise to Alaska could be a fun get-to-gether! Instead of a ventriloquist or stage act, we can have lectures by a professional Dr. Grubb impersonator.

Traveling far and seeing stuff while lounging & sleeping as needed/desired has a satisfying feel (motion sickness risk aside). I did manage to stack on a quick 20+ lbs in 10 days on a cruise... so it has it's risks to be weighed :)

How disappointing! I received an alert from a friend of mine about the show, and then it turned out to be a total bomb. I think Dr. T uttered about 20 words. Sophia, you're right about that show - nothing is in depth and important topics are pretty glossed over. Sorry for passing this on, everyone!

Jana

Potsgirl

I don't see Dr. Oz lasting long if he NEVER goes into detail. Good grief I have tried watching his show 3 times and never make it an entire show. Wow. I could do a more detailed show then he does.

It's a disgrace really. If one is clueless about things you will NOT learn enough from his shows.

Pass on that alert. ;-)

"Infotainment" is a tough balance, I imagine. Taking on medical issues in that context is kind of asking for trouble... maybe even best to stay superficial!?!?

There can always be topical gems that come up, even if the format is "troubled"... well worth looking out for. Hopefully Oz can find a balance that satisfies some folks. (I won't be one, as I'm not a tv-talk-show sort of fellow... it reminds me of the childhood traumas I endured such as Phil Donahue and "shopping"... which is like waterboarding to a young inquisitive boy's mind... it doesn't cause actual death or brain damage, just simulates it incredibly well :).

I find "The Dr. Dean Edell Program" to be solid medical "Infotainment", despite the fact that it operates on the openly flawed implicit premise of being able to garner medical advice in a quick (public) phone call! But radio is typically more accommodating of long-treatise, open-form or odd, ongoing, rich discussions than ADHD-TV formats... But science-interest stuff like discovery, natgeo, et. al. proves that some generalized assumptions about TV (and viewers) are false or overstated.