Ok I Don't Know What's Up

Notgivinup

I have never in almost 3 years had a remission in my POTS symptoms last this long. I'm thrilled and terrified at the same time. It's been I think 6 days in a row now that I've felt good. I've actually never (since this started) had a day with 0 POTS symptoms.

Like I said in a previous post, the only change has been 10mg. zyrtec twice a day. Morn. and before bed. I've stopped all my POTS meds. Mestinon, florinef or licorice depending on how I felt. Not wearing compression stockings. I also stopped needing zofran for nausea. I still take a tiny dose of klonapin. I've even allowed myself to drink pop the last two days. Soooo sick of gatorade.

I also forgot to mention I received my order for Womens One vitamins, and have been taking them with no problems whatsoever.

I can't believe what is happening here. I'm scheduled to see Beverly this coming Tues. I don't even know what to tell her, as I feel normal! It's like the day before you're going to get your hair done and it looks great!

I've been sick for so long it almost feels weird, with nothing to complain about.

Is this spontaneous POTS recovery? Is that possible? Or can it be I do have a mast cell problem? Like I said I'm too scared to stop the zyrtec to see.

I won't even take my B/P or HR, cause I don't want to know. I just feel normal. Of course a crash could be coming.

I just wanted to give everyone some hope. Hope that I was losing, the longer this went on.

I'll post more after seeing Beverly. Goodnight for now.

Wow! How terrific for you. Even if it doesn't last too much longer, at least you're having these days now and feeling good! I would be so happy if I could have a week symptom-free. I really hope it keeps going and you stay feeling good!

Cheers,

Jana

Maybe there's a secret magic ingredient in Zyrtec...

Ya, I wish.

Today was the second day of my period, and although I didn't feel like death warmed over (like last month), I did feel somewhat POTSY. Now keep in mind I didn't sleep well last night, and I had to take my mother to 3 different stores today. She is legally blind and I have to read everything for her.

So.......stress+ period+ little sleep + store hopping = not so great of a day. But still tons better than last month this time. I was in bed for 4 days.

I didn't know if I should of taken more zyrtec, but perhaps I should of tried. Oh well today is over for me. We are leaving for Toledo tomorrow. I'll tell you all about it when we return!

Man, if you think it might help, and if it's not causing side effects, I'd go ahead and keep taking it (with your doctor's knowledge, of course.)

I know that some people with interstitial cystitis take Zyrtec. It seems to decrease their bladder inflammation. Seems like there's got to be some sort of mast cell component when that's the case.

I've taken it on and off for allergies, though I can't say I've noticed a difference in POTS symptoms when I did. I wish!

Amy