Tamiflu

gertie

I'm interested in knowing how others have fared with antivirals, too. I think I have shingles - seeing the doc in the morning - and if so, will be put on antivirals. very nervous how my body will react.

I'm interested in knowing how others have fared with antivirals, too. I think I have shingles - seeing the doc in the morning - and if so, will be put on antivirals. very nervous how my body will react.

Hi dsdmom.I have had shingles since getting POTS and was treated with an antiviral that went under the brand name Zovirax.There was a cream and a course of tablets.I had no I'll effects from the treatment at all.It not impact on my POTS what so ever either.The only affect was that it helped my Shingles.I hope that's reassuring and that you recover soon.

I would be very interested to hear how POTS patients have fared with Tamiflu too.From what I have heard it can be very severe on the system of healthy and cause alot of GI problems including very bad vomitting.

I took it a few weeks ago when my husband and I got the swine flu. I have POTS and I'm pregnant. It gave me a little bit of a headache but it helped kick the flu fast. Everyone is different but I tend to be sensitive to meds and Tami Flu was no big deal for me.

ETA:

My husband was given Relenza (another anitviral) and he had the swine flu way worse than I did. It knocked it out of his system way faster than TamiFlu did for me. We'd rather take the meds than suffer through the flu, fever, and potential pneumonia.