Well, I Went To The Ent On Friday...

poppetkazutaka

So I went to the ENT doctor on Friday because the infection in my sinuses is getting worse without the antibiotics and isn't clearing up with them. He was quite shocked and even did a double take when he looked up my nose. I've had the knack for making doctors make the following face before:

:)

Seems that during this round of infection, when I was picking (yes, I pick in the bathroom and wash my hands right after, thank you) at my nose so I could breathe, I wasn't just picking out blood clots and infection...

"...do you pick your nose?"

:rolleyes: "Uh...yeah...I can't breathe so I pick at the clots when blowing doesn't help and sometimes it's really tough so I pull really hard and it bleeds..."

:blink: "Do you realize you're picking apart the septum?"

"Oh. Well, that explains why my nose felt different shaped after a while..." :lol:

"You realize you're going to break through eventually?! Do we have to break your arms?!"

:o "I'm sorry!"

"Don't apologize to me!"

"I'm just so desperate to breathe that I'll do anything! Help me and I'll stop picking it!"

Cue the :blink: again and then he couldn't look at me. He gave me a pamplet on sinus rinsing and setup a CT scan for my head to check on the infection and impaction since the X-ray the dentist did was too infused to show any detail. I was so embarrassed that I shocked a ENT to the point that he could no longer maintain eye contact that I was flushing.

Here's to hoping the CT shows something. I mean...I know it hurt to pull at it but...I didn't think I could yank apart a septum. I mean...wow. I really have been desperate to breathe...

YOU ARE TOO FUNNY... MOST PEOPLE PICK THEIR NOSE AT RED LIGHTS and think no one is looking...LOL! No really, I hope everthing will be ok. I have to use flonase or I'd never breathe am and pm. It's a script.

Oh wanted to ask where your deviant art page is or how to find it?

I want to see you dolls...

Take care... :rolleyes:

YOU ARE TOO FUNNY... MOST PEOPLE PICK THEIR NOSE AT RED LIGHTS and think no one is looking...LOL! No really, I hope everthing will be ok. I have to use flonase or I'd never breathe am and pm. It's a script.

Oh wanted to ask where your deviant art page is or how to find it?

I want to see you dolls...

Take care... :rolleyes:

Ah, my devart is http://poppetkazutaka.deviantart.com/ ~! :3

And hopefully they won't stick a balloon up my nose! XD

Update:

Three things:

- I have no forehead sinuses.

- I have a left deviated septum. It's damaged, and needs to heal, so I have a follow up in two months to make sure it's growing back. I broke it because it was so clogged with infection.

- My left sinus cavity on my face is collapsing. Eventually it will completely close off, might absess, collapse, and pull down my left eye bone to the point that I need surgery to repair my face.

- Surgery to drain my sinus, however, might not be wise. Because they would have to randomly poke holes to see if they could drain it, the 'grey mass' might be 'drainage or something else' and if I get sick again 'it might come back' and we would need to 'revisit surgery'.

I was wondering why, when I looked in the mirror, it looked like the left side of my face was sagging or drooping. I thought it was my medicine or the autonomic dysfunction. But apparently not. It already started pulling on the facial bone.

Hi,

That's rotten news. I think you should get a second opinion and see if more effective treatment might be possible.

I feel bad for you ,nobody wants their face damaged. I don't want to minimize what he said, but I do hope ,since he said "might" abscess, collapse ... ,that it never does occur.

good luck