Flu And Pots

Janey

There has been an influenza going round my group of friends. Everyone's had it, now I've finally got it and I literally cannot move. Nobody understands, because although it was bad for them, they could still make it up the stairs to bed, but I literally cannot move at all. I'm just going to be lying here for days being waited on. They just don't understand how I get it worse than them. Is it the POTS? It's the temperature changes that I'm finding the hardest.. and the diarrhea, I just can't keep enough water in. Nobody understands and thinks I'm causing a fuss!

janey

I commiserate with you. I usually don't get the flu, partially because I get the shot, and for some reason the stomach flu just doesn't want to infect me. However, I get horribly sick with viruses. I can get a mild cold and be knocked out. It is like having mono, while everyone else just gets the sniffles. My biggest thing is that I am always having to hold myself back from screaming at the people around me for having bad hygiene. They just don't get it that I catch bugs very easily and if I catch it I will be out of work or school for days, if not weeks. I actually start to HATE people around me because of this. I mean it is so easy to wash your hands and cough and sneeze properly. If you are a snot fountain, don't come to class or work, and if you must, don't sit next to the immuno-suppressed person. ARRGH!

I rarely get sick, but when I do pick up a bug, I tend to get really sick and it lasts a long time. If your main complaint is your stomach, than you probably have a stomach virus and not the 'flu', since the flu doesn't affect your stomach - just your head and respiratory symptoms. Not that that makes you feel any better, huh? What did you mean about temperature changes? Let yourself be waited on and rest while you're recovering!

Hope you feel better soon,

Jana

When I get any virus I have to be admitted for fluids last bug was 6 days after being sick at home for 4. I know now to nip it in the bud and go in when I can't keep fluids down...

I DO SCREAM if people don't have good hygene. It's so easy to do! Put your face in your elbo, or use a kleenex--------WASH YOUR HANDS!

To me, this is very thoughtless to expose others , especially if they could get the flu much more severe then yourself. I am so careful to avoid the public, and if I do have to go out, I make sure I do everything I can to not spread my germs.

I get angry at people who are careless and make me sick.

Last year I got very sick, and had a high fever. I was never so sick in my life----SCARY! I couldn't eat, I had upper respiratory issues, and had the worset body aches ever.

Take hand sanitizer with you everywhere. If a store doesn't have disinfectant wipes to wipe your cart down, use your hand sanitizer to rub it all over. If your nose itches, use the back of your forearm. Use your feet to open doors---especially in public bathrooms. Be extra careful in hospitals----washing hands frequently, or using sanitizers.

Right now I'm freaked out because I feel that old familiar feeling up in my nose just before I get sick, and I'm having that fluish feeling-----although mild----but still very afraid because it just started today. My BP is good 112/77 because I'm drinking a lot of fluids, and my heart rate is 68. I took my temperature, and it's 98.6. Normally it runs low, so it's a little scary. My husband has had a cough for two weeks now, and he's now on antibiotics since Friday.

I'm struggling with other issues with my cervical/cranial area, and it's already got me feeling bad on top of my POTS issues. I'm being selfish and being very self protective this year----and plan to be this way from now on. It's just too hard on us, and we struggle enough as it is, and there's too many insensitive people out there that could care less, so if thery're going to be careless and spread their nasty germs when they're sick, then I'm going to let them have it.

They'll just have to deal with it.

Maxine :0)